Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you tip the waiter?

Poster: A snowHead
I ask for a discount for most purchases & usually get it. EB's is one of the easier stores to get discount from, usually 10% & you have to deal with the manager. My latest purchase from EB's was a softshell in the summer sale down from £180 to £120 & I got it for £100.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spyderjon, Is it orange Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon,

So what is the new kit then? We will not recognise you if you have a new name as well...Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
JT/Linds, At the PSB I shall be mostly wearing Schofell, in grey Embarassed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon wrote:
JT/Linds, At the PSB I shall be mostly wearing Schofell, in grey Embarassed

Perhaps you should change your name to spyderjon-major Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I always ask for a discount when buying anything I think is a bit expensive or when buying more than one of a significant item. And it usually pays off. In most shops the manager/asst manager seems to be able to offer a 10-15% discount on bigger or multiple items. I've gotten discounts from many high street stores incld Curry's, Halfords, CPW, pc world, EBs as well as small independants. I ask nicely and they are free to refuse. Sometimes I'll go elsewhere if I don't get a discount, depends on how much I want the item right then. Just like it depends how much they want to make the sale right then. If I've gotten good service, I am always more inclined to pay the full price.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Generally, yes, I do tip the waiter. You would have to be outstandingly crap not to get a tip.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't forget guys that the bigger shops probably get to buy the article cheaper than the smaller independent shop.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
parlor wrote:
...don't be forgetting to tip the chalet boys 'n' girls...

Must be the first time thats gone down with no comment Laughing

or is that universal agreement wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Going back to the title of the thread, do you tip the waiter when the menu says "service charge included". I do find that rather annoying. I confess that I didn't when we had that situation recently, but I wanted to as the waiters did a good job Confused .
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin, Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Schofelljon,

Schofell is ok kit if a bit noncy.... Laughing but I bet they match your skis.

You are snowHead best dressed man Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JT, If Ise was still a Snowhead he'd be a contender in his Kjus outfit.
ski holidays
easiski, there's a post from Ise in the snow reports today.

It was just a series of ...... so who knows what it means (unless it's Morse code)?
snow report
JT wrote:
Schofell is ok kit if a bit noncy....

Noncy!! I've got one of their jackets!

Suppose I'll have to ditch it, so I can look "core"
snow report
marc gledhill, me too Shocked
snow conditions
JT wrote:
Schofelljon......but I bet they match your skis......

Afraid not Sad .

My 'easyjet' spyder will still make it to the PSB though Cool.
latest report
easiski,

Yes he would..for sure...

spyderjon,

So what is it to be new matching skis, or back to the Spyderjon..? Laughing

Who else is the best dressed man...or women..??
ski holidays
Quote:

Who else is the best dressed man...or women..??

Sounds like it's time for a 'Readers Outfits' thread. wink
snow conditions
What about someone skiing in a tux? snowHead
snow report
I've skied in a kilt...
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
JT wrote:
Schofelljon......but I bet they match your skis......

Afraid not Sad .

My 'easyjet' spyder will still make it to the PSB though Cool.

His new jacket matches his hair though snowHead
ski holidays
marc gledhill wrote:
....His new jacket matches his hair though snowHead

Laughing

Marc, I seem to remember you saying that if I hadn't bought the last softshell that EB had then you would have wink
latest report
JT wrote:
spyderjon, So what is it to be new matching skis, or back to the Spyderjon..? Laughing

Already in the dog house with Deb for owning too many skis rolling eyes.

It'll be back to spyderjon for general skiing at the PSB but then schoffeljon for that extra streamlining for the race training Cool.
ski holidays
David Murdoch, No probs. Won't be doing the Diablo 130, it's the worst of a very good bunch, however have some excellent alternatives. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I must admit from my perspective I don't ask for discount enough. I think more people should ask for discount. Admittedly at a sensible amount. Historically the price advertised for goods or services is the price the seller is advertising it at, the buyer is allowed to make a counter offer. Then when both parties agree on the price, then a binding contract is formed. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invitation_to_treat

I believe in the "If you don't ask you don't get" perspective. A friend of mine pays for everything with cash, and as a matter of course when he gets to the till he will say "what discount do I get for cash" as he fetches a bundle of notes out. If the response is "none" ... he rolls the notes up and walks away. He's saves thousands on house furnishings etc.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jarvski, peopel ask me for discounts for cash...problem is it cost more these days to back the cask, give me a debit card anyday
snow report
CEM wrote:
Jarvski, peopel ask me for discounts for cash...problem is it cost more these days to back the cask, give me a debit card anyday

cask beer always cheaper Laughing
snow report
I tried it at Sainsbury's once. I wanted to buy several boxes of cans of a product I can't get here. They laughed me out of the store! Now discount for quantity I think is fair enough. It's very cynical to suppose that a) all goods are marked up at more than necessary, and b) that all shopkeepers can cicumvent the tax laws with cash purchases. Debit cards don't cost the shop much (unlike credit cards).
snow conditions
Quote:

Debit cards don't cost the shop much (unlike credit cards).

In the UK
Debit card costs retailer in the range of 40-60p per transaction.
Credit cards are around 20p per tranasction and depending on the card can be up 11% of the transaction value.
The value is in the retailers bank account within 2 banking days.
(except USA Express which can take up to 13/14 days to arrive in the retailers bank account Shocked )
The cost of the credit card terminal has to be covered as well, usually around £30.00 per month per terminal plus the cost of the phonecall it makes for each transaction Shocked
snow report
boredsurfin,
debit cards are fixed fee i pay around 18p and credit cards are on a % i got a good deal at 1.5% so if you are paying the above you is being done!!
latest report
CEM, You got a very good deal! My 'tie-in' period ends next month so I am off to investigate all banking costs. Abbey does free business banking for life. Worth a look if your not tied into any one bank.
snow report
boredsurfin, i'm tied in for another 6 months or so, take a look at card save for merchant services (i'm with HSBC at present) the other one is join the FSB and you get free banking and 1.5% AMONGST OTHER THINGS Toofy Grin
ski holidays
CEM, Unfortunately the FSB aroud here are like a cross between Amway and Jehovah Witnesses and a have very cliquey reputation. I was 'taken' to one of their events. NEVER again Skullie
Abbeys publicty is claiming 3.5% int. on credit balances.
snow conditions
boredsurfin, threaten your bank with business acct closure if they don't match the Abbey deal. I did. It worked and still get free banking every year. AND it is with one of the top 5 (or is it 3?)
snow conditions
FSB = Federation of Small Business??? We're on 1.5% on personal credit cards and 45p on debit cards .. time to start asking awkward questions again me thinks......
snow report
Jarvski - you always get me to do your dirty work when discount is required.

Having said that I am known as Mc Adam from Golders Green lol

Dont ask me how, but I buy drinks in the club and always come home with more than I took, now thats sales!

Jarvski - would have asked for more discount on that lovely pink one-piece suit if i were you lol, wont match you PE's either

A
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, having read this, I wondered if you actually had some stock hidden away which only the cognoscenti know about and get a good deal on.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy