Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer ski hire in Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Tignes over the August bank hol weekend, and despite much searching on the website can't seem to find a ski hire shop that is open.
We'd be looking to hire some decent skis (Rossignol B1's (for me) and B2's (for him) or similar), and wondered if anyone (PG perhaps???) can offer advice as to if it's possible, and if so where from?
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a list of all the ski hire shops in Tignes, by area, here - complete with email/phone/fax/websites.... some will be open.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks PG, I've checked all the ones with websites, and they don't seem to give much info about being open in Aug, just wondered if anyone has any first hand knowledge of hiring skis in the summer, including things like are they open at 7.30 in the morning etc?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sarah L, not sure if you've already got skiis or not, but you could always hire from Edge2Edge in Crawley??? I also know that you can hire snowboards from Ocean Sports (- at least I think what it's called, you'll know the one i mean) just out past King Alfreds in Hove but i'd think you could do skis as well?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sarah L, I can tell you that Snowbarrel, Bazoom & Sport 2000 are already open.... or they were last week. Try contacting those three.... (all on the list...)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would have thought that SnowTech would be open. Precision in Val are all part of the SnowTech group. They are open all summer - their website is http://www.precision-ski.com they will be able to give you the number of SnowTech in Val Claret, or Lavachet. If you ask for Paul he will be able to sort you out if you don't speak French.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i guess you could try www.snowrental.com - at least i think that's the web address for discounted ski operators around europe???
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A good number of all the ski rental shops at the url originally posted are open throughout the summer. The email addresses are there, plus phone/fax etc. They all speak English. I've driven past several that were open at 7 in the morning over the past couple of weeks. The ones I mentioned above are definitely open - I saw all the gear outside.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks guys, really helpful and excellent news, I shall contact a few to check, but it sounds like we'll be ok.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sarah, there were quite a few open last summer and the rental prices were cheaper than in winter. I found the prices varied from one shop to another even if the shops were very close together and also you could haggle the price down as well if you're staying for quite a few days. The snow was rubbish last August with v few people and so they might have been more anxious for business than usual though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy