Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

advice needed from all you experts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been boarding for four seasons now (1 week each season) and would probably class myself as intermediate. First year got 'orribly 'orribly drunk and ended up impulse purchasing a Rossignol board (yeah yeah, I know).

Now I'm looking for something new for the next couple of years (board and bindings). Have been saving up so in a sense, money not really an object. Really love free-riding, never even attempted any kind of jumps/tricks, but keen to have a go this year. I'm 6'2 and 15 1/2 stone (if that has any relevance) - can anyone recommend a board/bindings for me?????
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Based on your height/wieght/ambitions I'd go for a fairly rigid all-mountain board around 162 in length.

I'm not sure exactly what lengths it comes in but something like the Burton "Jussi Jaskalainen" pro-model would suit you from the sounds of things. Another Rossignol board, but I had the "Jonas Emery" for a season and it was a cracker of a board (161 in length) and would suit you, although I eventually snapped it. I have heard good things about a couple of Volkl boards, the one with a top sheet similar to a skateboard (I think it is called the squad) is meant to be pretty nice or for value for money you cant do much better than the Volkl "wall-pro" which is a nice board for not too much money, as is the K2 "Darkstar". I'm not sure how much of this will be right for next seasons boards...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
get a sapient pnb2 163, you will love it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What size feet do you have? I am thinking a Ride Yukon might suit you fine.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it's any help,i'm about the same build as your good self and i'm on a K2 illusion wide (size 12s you see). First season on it after a recommendation from snowheads. Only free ride myself and board was more than good enough.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy