Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is this an ancestor of yours?

Poster: A snowHead
As we know, skiing is in the blood and this Viking snowHead is almost certainly a relative of yours.

If you'd like to ask him a question, I'll see if we can communicate with the dead. He's on the internet, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Of course, he'll need a name and amusing email address. Any suggestions?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mr Thor Feet (come to burn, rape, pillage and poach fresh tracks).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Of course, Thor: The Scandinavian god of acheth and painth. And then there's his brother -

Thor O'Lee Alpless
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
...And there's Mr & Mrs BennetTheseSkisAreShort, and their son, Gordon.
© 1972 Graeme Garden
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
...by the time Mr G. Bell finished the downhill, his gear was a touch out of date...

(sorry, Martin)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr Thor had found the solution to ditherers at the exit to the chairlift...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
After a snowboarder cut up his tails, Bjorn Karvin decided that it was open season on the tray boys
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After the Norwegian Ski Federation's financial troubles, a Mr J Major takes over and institutes a "back to basics" campaign.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Before lifts were invented, skiers used to shoot themselves up the hill using a bow and arrow.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Apparently he's a viking from what's now called Finland. Somewhere just outside HellsInSkis.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Martin Bell, I was pleased to see that you were able to link the image into a discussion over on Epic about the Physics of carving turns!
Off-Topic PS. On Epic you said that you use the term "Centrifugal Force" to your students when describing what the skier feels in a turn. As a Physicist I can confirm that you are quite correct to do so. To the skier in his so called "Non-Inertial Frame of Reference" Shocked (a posh way of saying he is moving along a curve, not a straight line) the Centrifugal Force is quite real.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alastair Pink, "Non-Inertial Frame of Reference" . Great! At last a phrase to totally befustercate the managers. I like it! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Teemu Hautamaki, new mean and moody heavy metal star from Finland, combines influences from 50s and 60s in his style of dress: his wild winkle pickers and a fur trimmed mini skirt are taking the fashion world by storm. To repel unwanted attention from determined teenagers intent on checking his plumbing, he has taken to keeping an Environmentally Friendly Organic Peacemaker with him at all times.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alastair Pink, go to Epic and tell Daslider
Quote:

the Centrifugal Force is quite real.

and maybe we can stretch that thread to another 6 pages!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
But what would daslider know, i mean he lives in Scotland...
snow report
>... Alastair Pink, go to Epic and tell Daslider the Centrifugal Force is quite real. ...

Yeah! I could use some help, buddy. Don't be shy!

BTW, in his public profile, daSlider says that he skis Arthur's Seat. From the couple of times I've been up there, I seem to remember that it is some sort of protected natural area. Is there actually skiing there, referring to the dry slope (I forgot the name) a mile or two away, or is he just putting us on?

Tom / PM
ski holidays
Arthur's Seat is in a Royal Park and hence closed to commercial vehicles and activities (unless someone has changed the laws) but the road round it is open to private cars. Super views of Edinburgh if you hike to the top. AFAIK there isn't even any grass skiing on it never mind dry slope or the real stuff. He's winding you up.
Midlothian Ski Centre is probably about 3 miles away as the crow flies. There's another thread about that in this forum which has buried in it a pic of Arthur's Derriere in the distance.
latest report
He probably is a relative of mine.

You may remember I did a spoof thread on the old SCGB about my own private ski resort called Dane's Hill. Well in Ireland we have areas of countryside that are split up into what we call "townlands". Well Danes Hill is on of the townlands on our farm, probably about 100 acres or so. It is believed that Viking's settled there after sailing up the River Bann.

The name "Lynn" can also be traced bask to Ofling which I believe to be of Scandanavian origin.
snow report
Think I went out with him once? ahhh no that was a neanderthal not a viking NehNeh
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, you've been out with Eric Cantona ? Cool
snow report
It it wasn't for the time lapse, Erik the Viking could well have been based on Monsieur Cantona!

But we shouldn't knock him. After all, he's an adopted Englishman now.
snow report
kuwait_ian, not yet- id definately have a crack at him tho!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy