Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feasible Geneva to Cervinia Transfer (without giving up first born)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if someone's already metioned it, but why not Zermatt? It's linked to Cervinia IIRC and the transfer is a doddle
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Leuzzi wrote:

Really gutted as wanted to ski Cervinia as it suits us in terms of standard, long cruisers, snow sure, not French etc.

you haven't missed anyhting ... i've been to Cervinia 3 or 4 times (don't ask me why) and i have to say it's probably my least favourite resort in the alps

the skiiing is fairly limited and pretty windswept up at the top which is probably where you saw all the long cruisy stuff .. the runs back down to Cervinia and over into Zermatt are probably not suitable for beginners unless the conditions are superb

as others have said there a shed loads of more suitable places much closer to Geneva .. although i don't know the French Alps that well, my recomendation would be Morzine ... very pretty resort by French standards and if you're only there for a few days you can just stay on the Les Gets side without bothering trying to get over to Avoriaz and the Portes du Soleil ... save that for when you're better and have got a bit longer .. and there's a great bar at the top of the Plenney that you can get late lifts up to, have a few beers/vin chaud and have a nice cruisy, tipsy 500m descent home as darkness approaches ... the restaurants are all a bit cheesy (literally) but there's a few cool bars to while away the evening

oh yeah, and there's a public bus that goes from the airport to the resort although i can't remember how you find out the times it runs
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try snowhead www.gravite.co.uk
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
www.gare-routiere.com has timetables for buses from Geneva to several resorts in the French Alps
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On the bus front I'm not sure how http://www.altibus.com/ fits in with www.gare-routiere.com but altibus run from the airport - looks like they have their summer timetable up at the minute.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David@traxvax, dates above. Please PM me.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, already onto it. Very helpful.

eng_ch, skiing bit difficult for me from all accounts, unless you can convince me otherwise! Have been offered some accom at Morzine that sounds good value, but just hedging awaiting others to reply. I have had about 4 knock-backs for the short stay and they all replied within about an hour of enquiring.

johno, and Hoppo, thanks for that
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd second, third or fourth Morzine / Les Gets. It's pretty snowsure and has a good range of cruzey runs if that's what you're looking for.

www.skiblueridge.co.uk are a good bunch in Les Gets who do transfers as well. www.skimorzine.com and www.morzinelets.com are both good places to look.

Personally, I'd hire a car throught www.holidayautos.com if there are two of you. It's cheaper than a transfer; it's an easy drive; is a reliable 1.5 hours and gives you an option of trying Flaine (via Morrillon in the Vallee Verte) for a day if you still fancy.

I've taken the bus from Geneva to Morzine once only. Never again. It's hideously slow.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PhillipStanton, thanks for that and welcome to snowheads
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy