Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2007 K2 MissDemeanor

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I tried these today in 159 (probably a bit on the short side for me for that type of ski), and found them OK. Very easy to ski on, a fair bit harder to carve on hard snow on, but they did. They did like to skid if allowed (I was teaching at the time so lots of practise at this). they are stiffer than the Zag park ski and also than the Ninthward that I tried at the EOSB. I did (hesitate to say it) quite like them. I'm going to try them again when I can actually ski, maybe in December if we have powder or at the Mondial.
I don't think I'd want to try Valentin or Diable on them if it was dead icy though! Might be Ok for teaching, or to replace the Zags eventually (but I didn't get the "I love them" feeling). I much prefer the look of the Silencers - very plain - got a bit of a headache everytime I actually looked at the MissDemeanors, but at least they're not pink!!!!! And no flowers!!!!!

So far this seems to be the best ladies ski I've tried (including the Burning Love). Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, it was one of my favourites last weekend too, which really surprised me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, I should think this might be a very good ski for you, but I wouldn't like both steep and icy at the same time on yesterday's experience. It's been snowing down to 2000m last night, so I may take them up again earlier than expected! I think there's a shorter than 159 length too (153?) Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, yes that was the length I tried.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I tried these again today and actually got to ski on them a bit. I found that on anything up to hard packed snow they gripped alright, although I did have to work at it. On ice they're pretty useless. I tried various radii at various speeds, and found that at slow to moderate speeds on short and medium radius turns they were fine. They didn't feel agile, but they did turn relatively quickly. However I made the mistake of trying some longer radius GS type turns - let the skis run on their edges, and got very frightened. Absolutely NO stability at speed at all. I mean, you can't actually get up that much speed on the glacier anyway. Flappy and wobbly in the extreme.

Therefore, I think that for freeride/freestyle (which is what they're designed for) they're fine. I'd prefer them longer than 159 though. As an all round ski they fall a long way behind my Zags or the Aztec Pro or even the Demon Flame which I found too heavy.

They are a lazy ski for good snow and moderate speeds (which seems to be par for the course for ladies skis), easy and forgiving. Very relaxed. A performance ski they are not. I wouldn't buy them, but I think they might suit women looking to move up from an intermediate ski quite well. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, bindings mounted where on the ski?

Retraction turn impressions highly valued also.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex, Hate to tell you, but retraction turns are really old hat over here! Haven't done one for ages (except sometimes in deep snow). They skidded adequately the first day I tried them, so I'm sure they'd have been fine for that. (I wonder if we mean different things by "retraction turns"? What do you mean? I mean retract the legs under the body and then push the ski out at an angle so as to change direction. We used to use them in deep snow, very powerful but very tiring. Definitely a heel push though so hence the abandonment I think. Bindings were rentals and centre boot to centre ski which is forward anyway isn't it, being a women's ski. TBH I don't pay that much attention to stuff like that. Trust the shop to do it right and just go and ski ... Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, you have what I mean exactly; I chose the terms for my question after re-reading beanie's thread.

Old hat perhaps, but heel push response might also be called "turn rebound" by someone with a significant down-stem, so we might have a glowing review from someone with this habit. I wasn't really expecting a purchaser to do BASI-style retraction.

I wasn't going to assume a forward mount but one is left wondering what, oh, -2cm might do for stability. And tail skid, hence hardpack feel.

I do trust the shop: to mount it just like a park and pipe ski which is the marketing category it fits.

Again, I very much appreciate your patience whilst I find the right questions.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Theological question:

What's your respective views on retraction turns, downunweighting, and turning on top of a mogul?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
comprex, glad that for once English and American seem to be the same! I can't say I notice any major diff when the bindings are mounted slightly forward (you can do that anyway on a regular ski) ... Was on Scott P3's today - much happier - a "proper" ski!!!! thread going up presently.

veeeight, Nothing's ever wasted, the point is surely to be able to do them all, and then to use them without thinking when appropriate. I am sure you, as I, don't actually think about what sort of turn you're doing while you're skiing! (skiing - not teaching).

Question: can you have a theological anything without god????/s/godess/es?????????
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, Madeye-Smiley

PS V8's humour is a bit obscure, its all about belief, in this case 3 telemarkers on the top of a mogul.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
comprex, whaaaaat???? How do you make that out? Shocked Anyway - he/she apparently believes in Intrawest and the goodness of multi-national companies. Shocked Shocked
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Why, easiski, it's the classic epistemological argument, how many pin heads can you get dancing . . . Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy