Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads Calendars 2007

Poster: A snowHead
This year we’ve decided to make calendars before the end of the year! Like last year we will hold a sort of competition to select photos for the final product. If you’d like a picture to be considered then please upload it to the “Champagne Powder – 2006 vintage” gallery on the snowMedia zone (http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showgallery.php?cat=598). Photos for the calendar will be selected from this gallery, roughly according to the votes they receive. To be used in the calendar photos need to be available in at least 1600x1200 (a little under 2megapixels) *NB see note by Yoda below and all but the front cover will be landscape format (so no panoramas from multiple images stitched together).

Closing date for the competition will be Sat 16th September, after which I will contact a shortlist of entrants for photos at the highest resolution available. Aswell as limitless glory, Winners will get a free calendar (if they cover the P&P).

So dig out those photos, upload them, and get voting!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 14-01-07 8:40; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are we going for the standard pretty landscapes again or should there be a couple of different categories?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FenlandSkier, you can put up what you like and see what people vote for wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hoppo wrote:
FenlandSkier, you can put up what you like and see what people vote for wink

The one of him in the dress gets my vote.!!! wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
...voting will be used for guidance only... Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Any possibility we can limit this year to one photo per resort/area when it comes to the final 13?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wear The Fox Hat, that'll be one of the factors in my random post vote selection of pictures wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's some nice piccies in there already! I shall have to get my voting hat on
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Forgive me, but I can't seem to find the right place to add the photo to. It's in my personal album at the moment. When I try to edit it, it doesn't give champagne powder as an option.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OOPS!! Vintage 2006 of course!!! Too much of the real stuff.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

To be used in the calendar photos need to be available in at least 1600x1200 (a little under 2megapixels)

Note that this size will only be required for the images selected for printing - we have separate arrangements to get images of that size. Please do not upload that size to the zone at this stage snowHead Very Happy
snow report
 lifeofriley
lifeofriley
the link seems to put me through to the photo gallery - but doesnt tell me how i can upload photos...could anyone let me know how you do this? thanks!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lifeofriley, top right - login or register - and then the upload photos button will appear.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hoppo, If you need help with the printing let me know, PM me the details,

Steve
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Peter Markham has just posted some georgeous photos.
latest report
stevo_the_saddler just PM'd you - have a range of printing offers in...

I've been fiddling with the calendar template for next year, and just realised I have a tremendous amount of power, a couple of key presses and my birthday occurs three times in one month and christmas is relocated to June!
snow report
Hoppo,
Quote:

my birthday occurs three times in one month

I wouldn't hold your breath for 3 lots of birthday presents Evil or Very Mad
snow report
The way the photos in the Champagne 2006 gallery are displayed by default has been changed. If you want to see them by rating then change the Sort By to "rating" and Order to "descending" in the drop down menus at the bottom of the page. This does limit the display to show only those photos that have already been rated.

I'll be closing the competition in a little over a week.
snow report
*cough*

I'm sure I put some pics in there. They're not in there now.

*blush*

no ratings, that's why they're not appearing

*hint hint*

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/4091/cat/598/sortby/d/sorttime/9999/way/desc
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/4092/cat/598/sortby/d/sorttime/9999/way/desc
Very Happy
latest report
I'm investigating Christmas cards at the moment and I think I might need portrait format photos for those... so if you'd like to put them in the Champagne Powder 2006 gallery, I might use them.
snow conditions
Just got round to posting a few new photo's including this one
snow report
This has to go in https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/582/medium/P1010020.JPG
snow report
The calendar competition is now closed, I'll get in contact with the top rated picture posters and so to the printers...
latest report
Just in case anyone was wondering what happened to a couple of highly rated pictures, I received this rather apologetic e-mail:

Quote:

Hi Ian,

Glad you contacted me, don’t remember doing this, I was obviously drunk. Photo wasn’t taken by me, I’m the skier, and it was for a photoshoot for X clothing, so i totally don’t have rights to it. Please don’t use it or we will probably both be sued and if you can it would probably be best to remove it and any others I may have uploaded from the site.

Think my username is X, don’t know if uploaded under that name or what, as I say I havew zero recollection of it, apologies. Don’t drink and surf wink

Best wishes

X

names have been changed to protect the innocent (or at least unintentionally guilty)

Laughing
snow report
Hmm... I had thought the cover photo was sewn up. If I had known that a certain Portrait format photo was not available I would have voted for others (and put in some of my own). Sad
Still, I'm glad the mistake brought them to my attention Very Happy
snow report
snowball, if you've got a couple of portrait format photos you think might be suitable for christmas cards then I'm interested - can you put them up?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/781/cat/500/ppuser/172
or from the early 30s my father's photos: http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/1187/cat/556 or http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/3302/cat/556
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/1181/cat/556
latest report
I'm prospecting for initial order numbers for both calendars:

'Vote' here for calendars and

'Vote' here for christmas cards.

These aren't orders, we're just looking for an indication of how many items we should print in the first instance.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great to see sharkymark's shot making it... of course April is the perfect timing Very Happy
snow conditions
TallTone, tah...not a bad effort for a p*ss*d bloke, eh? wink
latest report
Progress report! I've had the printed proofs through, so I'll be giving the printer the okay tomorrow and hopefully we'll have them ready to distribute in a week or so's time - once admin gets back from the PSB wink There'll be a spot in the snowHeads stuff U can buy thread.

Here's a picture of the xmas cards - I provided a wine glass as scale - I thought everyone would know the size of a wine glass Toofy Grin

snow report
Hoppo, the cards look lovely - well done! Bit shocking though to see the wine glass empty, was the bar cleared out last night? It seemed a bit quiet, perhaps everyone too busy drinking to talk Very Happy
snow conditions
Hoppo,
Quote:

I provided a wine glass as scale - I thought everyone would know the size of a wine glass

So that'll be one of those half a bottle at a time glasses Toofy Grin What nice big cards they are Laughing
snow report
Blimey Hoppo, you must be posh - even the coaster is on a coaster!
ski holidays
cathy, can't claim much credit - the one on the right is my piccy tho' snowHead Left Orf in charge of the bar last night, and look what happens.

FenlandSkier, that's true - Chez Hoppo is exceedingly posh Toofy Grin Although you'll notice the wine glass isn't on a coaster...

boredsurfin, there had to be one Laughing One of HappyMouffe and I's first purchases when we moved in together - a large quantity of cheap wine glasses wink
ski holidays
Hoppo,
do we have a coprright issue with the snowboarding picture in this years calendar ?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=20113
ski holidays
Chris, I did ask all of the photographers whether they had the right to offer us permission to use the photo they provided and whether they gave that permission and, for all of the photos used that permission was provided. I believe the one you're asking about appears on the Radical Sports website front page, which sort of figures since the snowHead that provided it has the username Radical Freeride.
snow report
I noticed the username but to me its just a username and can mean anything. I was just thinking about Snowheads as that great picture has been published in other magazines this season and not knowing much about copyright i thought i would ask the question.
snow report
Hoppo, how are the calendars coming ?
snow report
Chris, delivery to our central London distribution facility (admin's flat) should be absolutely imminent - the order was placed ~10 days ago for 7-10 day delivery.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy