Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How good are Scott bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In another thread, plectrum pointed me at a very good offer for Scott Santiago Mission skis. They come with Scott S8 bindings. Anybody know how good Scott bindings are - the S8s in particular?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
they are pretty good. Bear in mind they are salomon bindings with the scott logo. try and get the 'ti' version of the binding or better going for the scott s12ti which is a salomon 912ti. The S8 is the same as the salomon 810.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Edmundh009, thanks for coming back to me. The last time I bought skis, the bindings were Salamon 977s - since then, I have used hire skis - so now I am having to learn from scratch. I ski with a DIN setting of 7, usually. Looking at this review, I think the 810 (Scott S8 ) would be satisfactory as a safe binding -
Quote:
If you are an aggressive skier, use the lightest version of a company’s performance series (like the Salomon 810)- they’ll provide the solid, flex-free connection required for high-energy skiing, without unnecessary extra mass of the more expensive high-DIN models.
I guess the Ti version would be lighter - but the price of the bindings/skis package is so good, I don't think I can afford to quibble, unless there is a safety concern - please let me know if there is one.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles, The 810 would be fine for a DIN setting of 7 - this setting would be nicely in the mid-range of the binding's possible settings. Make sure to have it adjusted by a certified technician/someone that knows what they're doing, to ensure that they are set properly for your boots, particularly in the toepiece wings.

The 810 is still a light binding compared to lots of others and is generally a pretty dependable binding.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks, Edmundh009, , and skibomb. Plan to put the order in tonight.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy