Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

flows

Poster: A snowHead
okay i've been looking through some bindings i'd want for htis upcoming seasona nd i was wondering if flows are as tight and secure as straps are?
any user or ex users wanna help me out?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
oh no what have you done!!! every time i see a thread titled flow i know the out come.

you are now going to get a whole lot of replies rating from 'they're great i love em' to 'they're gay' - incidentally i'm yet to see a pair of flows shagging another pair of flows to know whether they are indeed gay or hetro, but hey ho!

I used to ride in straps, they hurt my feet. They're either too tight or too loose. They're a pain to put on. I tore a ligament in cap straps so I wont use them again etiher.

I love my flows, they support my feet perfectly and once their set up right they stay set up right. They dont stop me doing rails, kickers, pipe, piste or off piste. And there is no sitting waiting around to get the first lines.

The best thing you can do is to try a pair for yourself. some people say they're heavy, but they dont stop me hiking, i dont find them any heavier than the old straps.

So there's is your first pro flow post. now be prepared for a flow bashing thread to follow, and probably lots of them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shredder269, They are as secure as traps and they don't need to be synched down till your toes turn blue. They do take a bit of work to get into the right setting and I keep promising myself to swap the outside strap locks with toe ratchets just for the convenience. I like the comfort and security, I don't like the weight. For all mountain riding they're great, I'm not sure I'd want that weight and inertia in the park.
It's horses for courses, if you like bouncing off the furniture go for as light and strong as you can afford.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been using Flows since they came out and I've ridden black icy slopes & off piste in them.

You don't get the pressure points that you get with straps.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowangel. wrote:
oh no what have you done!!! every time i see a thread titled flow i know the out come.

you are now going to get a whole lot of replies rating from 'they're great i love em' to 'they're gay'

I almost posted the same earlier, personally I use straps. I have been told by many skiers that I am one of the only snowboarders that doesn't slow them down and I dont get discomfort from the bindings, whatever floats your boat really...

I do a lot of buttering and related tricks on the piste, I reckon the flows probably limit the movement of your feet in the bindings a bit more to be able to do this so smoothly with such a rigid board, but then I have never actually used flows since I reached this level of riding so I cant speak from experience.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ive used flows once whne my board got nicked and i had to hire a replacement..
i can state categorically they are as bent as a 7 pound note wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mista, my hubby is one of the best non pro riders i know. he butters, turns 360's off the flat, hits drops and hits pretty much everything in the park. he has always warn flows.

and
re the post byCANV CANVINGTON, didn't i say there'd be at least one. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowangel., Fair enough, I think I would feel weird using flows now, like so many other bindings and boots would feel weird to me cos I'm so used to what I have got.

Anyway, I'm better at buttering than most pros NehNeh It's when it comes to 30 metre long back flips and that sort of stuff that I chicken out. I was riding with a Sapient rider a bit last season, little guy called Russ in Meribel, dont know if you know him. He kept on dislocating his shoulder trying crazy stuff... rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I ride them and swear by them. Love them. Totally. Nothing else for me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
shredder269, I worked in a ski shop in ADH for 5 years and it has to be said that they are a lot more popular than straps (or at least in our shop), in terms of our sales. You ought to take your board with you and ask to borrow/rent a pair of Flows to try for the day and then you can give them a whirl yourself.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Any advice on which model is best for park and all-mountain? I've put a bid on a set of Flow Amp-9 XL but expect to be outbid.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i have flow amp 9's and love em.

the other half has the top end model and if you like ratchets go for the new ones for this season, they're the nuts
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm not up to speed with the current models, but I also find them more comfortable than straps - I ride both - and the big plus is the speed of getting in and out - no fiddling around!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One of the things I like about them, is that you can put you foot back in & close the back whilst on the chairlift & then just ride straight off at the top.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Went onto flows last year, found them better for me personally.They are pink wink
snow report
paulm, pink Confused . . . or has street vocab just been enhanced?
ski holidays
I used to ride in straps but found they hurt my feet and were a real hassle to put on and off. Now ride in flows (partially pink too Laughing ) and love them, they feel more secure and don't hurt my feet at all (never had any issues using flows in the park either). They are of course sooo much easier to get in and out of, much less hassle, wouldn't ever consider going back to straps.
snow conditions
Masque,
Quote:

paulm, pink .

Yep seriously pink..don't know why i did it..was a laugh at the time but now i'm stuck with them.

Anyway who cares, just call me Susan at the weekends
or alteratively if you are ever in the Aspen in Soldeu, mines a babycham. wink

Back to the flows issue, Yes i ride em and love em but you have to ask yourself a serious question.....

.... How many Pros ride em? Probably one in thirty.
ski holidays
paulm, did you pay any attention as to how many flow riders there were in the olympic half pipe event????

considering there are tons of make of binding, there were at least 4 or 5 flow riders (i think) at the olympics. I know as i was there Very Happy Chatting with Saun White's parents, ooo i know all the gossip about old (or shoudl that be young) saun!
latest report
snowangel. wrote:

you are now going to get a whole lot of replies rating from 'they're great i love em' to 'they're gay' - incidentally i'm yet to see a pair of flows shagging another pair of flows to know whether they are indeed gay or hetro, but hey ho!

Then...

snowangel. wrote:
paulm, did you pay any attention as to how many flow riders there were in the olympic half pipe event????

considering there are tons of make of binding, there were at least 4 or 5 flow riders (i think) at the olympics. I know as i was there Very Happy Chatting with Saun White's parents, ooo i know all the gossip about old (or shoudl that be young) saun!

Razz
ski holidays
mista, and your point is?????
snow report
snowangel., I think my point is that you are both correct in your predictions and hypocrytical. I could construe it as being similar to me predicting that my next post in this thread is going to say one word and that word is going to be 'bum'*

*You could construe me as being facetious since you were only defending a previous criticism of flows
ski holidays
bum
ski holidays
snowangel.,
Quote:

Most of them were wearing no bindings(flatties) at all cos it gives you more 'pop' off the top. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
All I can tell you is that we sell loads more Flow bindings than all other makes put together.
People seem to be getting over their hang-ups with regard to Flow and the 2006 models are brilliant.

The only down side I really know of is that they are a bitch to put on in deep powder. So if you wipe out off piste you may have to swim out till you hit a steep gradient or piste to get back on your board. If this is you than stick to traditional bindings. Otherwise Go Flow!

NB this problem Will be allevaited with the new 2007 NXT which has 4 ratchet straps so you can open the binding up - just like a strap binding
latest report
I reckon that if you set Flows up properly, they're as responsive as straps without the pressure points, any rider who says they're sloppy needs to try them again but tweaked a bit tighter. I'm no expert but if the board edges when you want it to without any time lag then they can't be described as sloppy. They are heavy, but I'm a big strong boy. If they're gay I don't care. I don't need no strap ons Laughing
ski holidays
paulmc, "they are a bitch to put on in deep powder"

This is true. It's ok once you get to be facing the slope, tho
snow conditions
paulmc wrote:
All I can tell you is that we sell loads more Flow bindings than all other makes put together.

Yeah but it looks like you stock more flow than any other make put together......

I would expect you to sell more!

I rode flow for years and loved them, they were much more basic and much heavier then any of the new flow styles but I still loved them and forward lean was adjustable as you were riding, cool as when you got cramp half way down a black run- but you can't do that any more as they changed the design.

I now ride straps, burton (with no toe straps) and agency and find them even more comfy and just as quick to strap in, and no I don't have to sit down to strap in, in fact I thinkit's harder if you do.
There is alot more adjustment on the straps, including the lateral angle of the high back which really does ease leg pain.

The new flow would have to be extra extra special to tempt me back
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oopalley, it is go try some!! i demo'd a pair last season as we have a flow shop in resort, they are the nuts! I just wish i had the money for them, but i want a new lense for my camera and that must come first as there is nothing wrong with my old flows!
snow report
I don't need any, already have four pairs of bindings, all extremely good except the drakes which are a piece of sh**, think it's mainly because they are too big - sold to me by an idiot who owns a shop in the three valleys and should know much better.

Can you swivel the angle of the high back on the new ones? I really do get terrible leg pains if I don't have them set up parallel with the board. Don't understand the logic behind it, but the pain is proof enough for me. And have they got instant forward lean adjustment without having to stop and fiddle with screws and stuff? If they got both of them I will take a look next time I need new ones.
latest report
oopalley, I think I know the ones you mean. Did they have a fabric strap, that you pulled harder to adjust the forward lean?

I had a pair like that, they were aluminium not plastic & very light.

I wish I'd kept them.
snow report
yes they were - first year on sale, bought in the sick and wrong in Keswick, fantastic - i still have mine, love em too much to ditch them even though I probably won't ever find another pair of boots to fit.

oh and shiny shiny shiny too!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy