Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PURE-GOD-LIKE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Parlor(where is he?) Arno and the Phat(sic)ski type should check these out, simply the best straight( or just off straight, kinda G/S without the S) line powder ski ever.

Sorry, it's the Scott Pure, i added the GOD-LIKE bit. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 8-08-06 14:29; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why would you straight line powder?

Unless of course, you couldn't turn wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
veeeight, that's because the main reason for fat skis is to avoid turning! I can't make it out - as many as possible is my motto. (turns, not skis)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, veeeight, Same reason as some run the 100m and others the Marathon? Or Miller skiing slalom but not descent? Razz
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, I do like to mix it up. Lots of short radius high energy turns, and/or big wide long big mountain turns.

But never (rarely) straight.

Razz
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
veeeight, I've Edited to help your understanding. wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is there supposed to be a picture? Anyways - think I know the ones you mean - sort of a swallow tail? Skied a couple of runs with a Swiss guy who had them last year and he made plenty of turns. I don't agree that fat skis are for avoiding turning - some are better for short turns and others are better for going in a straight line. They just make it easier to do what you want to do in the deep stuff
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno, Yep, thats the one, yes they turn. However we felt it's staightline stability was it's strongest point oh, she's sooooooo beautiful too. Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, hulllooo! i've been in Switzerland for most of the summer - should have a new buisness venture sorted for this coming winter - watch this space.

I skied the Pure last winter and really enjoyed it. Reminds me of the first time I skied my Exposives... mmMmMmm was a good day... I was interested to note that at least 6 or 7 pairs were seen to be sported by patrollers last year...

The Pure isn't a swallow tail - although the graphics imply that it is.

I spent a day skinning on some Missions last year and thought they were very exceptable 'all round' skis for people that are too scared of the girth. I'd never own a pair but I'd reccomend them to people looking for a good go anywhere ski.

There aren't that many skis that I'm excited to demo next year, the XXL is one for sure.

veeeight, faster? more float? bigger rush? huge face shots when you tip the ski?

To be fair, I got really into straight lining everything a few years ago when beefier skis started appearing. However, now that I own one of the biggest production skis made (Prophet 130s) I make far more powder turns than I used to. It's all in the ski. Some skis like to be turned, some don't. I own a pair of each and I like to "mix it up". My ideal (realistic) line is a nice exposed, technical section (NFZ) for a hundred meters or so (more if you're paying for the chopper Wink) followed by a steep, tight colouir, couple hundred meters (I wish!) and then into a bigger bowl / open face (for the final 3000m, sorry, did I say realistic? Twisted Evil ) OK so it got silly at the end there. My point is I like to hop through technical sections, slash through some tight sections and then try not to turn on the way out though a bowl... you gotta have some of each! But as for 'billygoating' nice big fields of powder, that's just so 80s...

(Please remember I'm rather spoilt when it comes to skiing, I average 90-100 days per year so I can afford to straight line stuff, hell, I'm back on the lift quicker and less tired for another lap!)

There was an amzing photo in Skieur last year of a line Hugo Harrison skied, big open field of untracked powder, as you can imagine two or three huge GS turns and the field was finished. In the background (the photo was taken from a heli) you can see a very similar field with thirty sets of tight powder turns (40+ turns per track). A wiser man than me (a boot fitter, no less!!) pointed out that the skiers in the background would have had to hike / skin to get their lines but HH would have got a helicopter.

If you don't get much of a chance to ski powder or if you've worked hard to get there then making the most of it makes sense. When I'm just skiing laps from the lift, or skiing for photos / film, no way I'm turning baby... Bring on the Pontoons!!! (oohhh - I want to test them too) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy