Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spam, Spam, Chips, Egg and Spam. FOOTWORKS BOOT RANGE 2006/7

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
SMALLZOOKEEPER, here's the stats...
272mm long
widest: 100mm (across from ball of foot to base of little toe)
Heel: 68-70mm at widest
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
can you advise on falcon fit compared to course?

After the stiffest shop or preferably soft factory to complement my shin breaker medium factory course2 (no stupid hex cut outs, just a fake texture effect).

I'm prepared to visit lockwoods if date fits, or maybe fly out to cham for fitting ( or failing that a general 6th toe and width expansion on factory - ok on shop). I can foam myself if come with conformable kit.

After 27.0/27.5 size (same size when liner thrown out?). you can keep the orogonal liner of you want....unless its improved in the last couple of years. I might fit a 28.0 with the normal liner. my toes touch the end of the foamed 27.5 factory, even with no foam thicknesses around right foot heel spur, which hasworn though the liner skin.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
paulhothersall, I can feel a long post coming on here !

The Falcon is quite noticeably different from both the Course Lab (Shop) or X2 (what you refer to as factory). Compared to the Course Lab, the Falcon is more anatomical in the region of the medial (inside) arch, is slightly longer in internal length with a roomier toebox, instep volume is somewhat reduced, the heel pocket is significantly narrower and the volume between the ankle bones has been reduced by approx 1cm. An altogether different boot and in many ways quite similar to many plug designs.

As to ""stupid hex cut outs", this technology has been integrated into the outside of the shell where varying thickness's of plastic are used to create the same effect. The Hex cut outs were initially used to soften the outside of the shell thereby allowing easier turn initiation and making better use of pressure distribution on both ski's throughout the turn. This was more effective on the smaller sizes of boot for reasons of stiffness and proved to be very successful on the circuit, for interest, every gold medal in the 2005 Bormio World Championships on the womens side was won with "stupid hex cut outs". The"fake texture effect" was simply to allow currect punching of the holes where needed. There are ten possibilities on an X2 and depending on the racer between 5 and 10 holes were punched.

Now to stiffness, the top public model, the Falcon Race, is very firm and could be equated with the X2 in Medium/Medium. This is more than most will be able to handle and the great majority will feel much happier in the Falcon 10 (Translucent red) which is more forgiving with a much smoother flex whilst remaining relatively stiff and reactive. To give you an idea Medium/Medium in the X2 is the boot most used by men for GS and SL on the WC, these guys generally tend to have more muscular power than the average recreational skier.

On to liners, the standard Falcon liner is a new design made partly in leather and is probably one of the best stock liners ever made along with the Dobermann liner, so no worries there. As you say a 27/27,5 shell is exactly the same. As for Conform'able liners, it is absolutely impossible to correctly foam yourself in the boot so don't even try, it cannot work correctly!!! There should be no foam around the heel and you will notice a sewn reinforcement around and above the heel pocket which is there to stop foam going into this area as all it would do would be to push your foot forward in the shell crushing your toes at the end.

I hope this answers all your questions, if not feel free to ask but only after I've had some time to recover rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
paulhothersall, Course: 99mm forefoot, 91mm neck of foot. Falcon: 98mm forefoot, 87mm neck of foot. This means huge amount of change in volume approx 3%( a huge in terms of ski boots) and as LARGEZOOKEEPER, says huge improvements in terms of it's anatomical fit. All that considering the Course/X-Wave was the closest to being anatomically perfect, Salomon, could well have pulled another superb boot on to the market!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar.org.uk, Just get a fitter to heat the shell either side at the heel, and slightly compress the shell to make it narrower, works a treat if done well.I do it all the time for ski instructors once their boots loosen up too much.
The Nordica beast is now discontinued, but the new range of Speed machines is narrower in the heel area, so it now fits much better.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
whitethorn, thanks. Should I get the boots compressed at the point where my achilles tendon is, or right at the base of the heel?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk,On the sides of the achilles tendon but make sure it is not over done, you won't be able to make it narrower much lower as it is too close to the base of the boot where the boot shell can't move, don't let them go too far forward or your ankle area will suffer. !mm either side inwards will make a lot of difference, and this method is better than placing padding between the liner and the shell.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LARGEZOOKEEPER, SMALLZOOKEEPER, thanks for that.

Delayed replying as my adsl modem died. you never realise how much you use/need the net until its gone.

I really should have chosen my words slightly more carefully, especially late night posting after a night at the pub. I was meaning for the foaming I have enough experianced bootfitter friends to help me out. for expansisons and or grinding I wanted a decent professional though!

It sounds like a Falcon 10 would be exactly what I need, and the new liner sounds really good. I could then use my X2 M/M for another season.

Can you PM an expected price?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy