Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fe summer skiing...what time of day?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to sunny Verbier (well technically Le Chable) tonight for a week and thought we might go for a day trip to Saas Fe for a ski.

What time do we need to be there? What time is it all over for the day?

I suspect it may involve a very early start...but heck...a ski day!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rungsp, Probably need to be there around 07.00 - 07.30 and the skiing will probably finish around 13.00 - 14.00. I don't know exactly. BTW The Delambres haven't forgotton about contacting you, but have just been flat out, but are still keen and will contact you after the season is over.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
rungsp, at the moment, they open at 6.45am, skiing finishes at 1pm. After 18th Aug, it's 7.45am-2pm.

Let us know how you get on, I'm keen to try Saas Fee next summer from the Anniviers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, a trip report will follow if we go.
We're actually away for 2 weeks, 1st in switz' and then over to French Atlantique for a week of surf action.

Charlotte...we look forward to hearing from them, all things be equal we are very much in favour or a to & fro of kids.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp, we will be in Saas Fee for part of next week and my daughter wants to try the skiing. Apparently the temperatures have been high lately and the glacier is suffering. I think it is raining today and the slopes are closed, but the temperature has dropped and hopefully there will be some new snow up at 3500m for next week.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rungsp, I do not know how much you are interested in this: Very Happy

Quote:
Whoever agrees to have their picture taken in a bikini (or bathing trunks) on the glacier at 3,500 metres above sea level, is a winner in three different ways: she or he has a free ride in the Metro up to the cool ice fields. She or he participates in a contest and stands to win an attractive prize. She or he flees the heat in the lowland areas.

It's very easy! You take the Metro up to the Allalin and have your picture taken in front of the Allalinhorn, in a bikini or in bathing trunks. You then send the photo, with your name and address, to the Tourist Office in Saas-Fee. The cost of the ride up to the Allalin will be refunded. And now for the best part: a jury will award prizes to the most attractive, funniest or most original photos. Win a weekend for two in the Saas Valley, or one-day tickets for the Saas-Fee ski area.

The bikini contest ends on 20th August 2006. So, off you go and please smile.

This is from www.saas-fee.ch
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
perhaps I'll wear my boardies and take a surfboard up then....perhaps not.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rungsp, Not unless the temps rise I wouldn't think! Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy