Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lunch

Poster: A snowHead
I'm with DAVID SNELL, Rosti in Switzerland, or Tiroler Grostl in Austria. Better than the ubiquitous pizza or spag bol in french resorts!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rosti with two fried eggs on top followed by apple fritters!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
riverman, now yer talking. Washed down with a pint or two of Rugenbrau Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Charlatanefc, at Brandegg just below the Eiger
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
riverman, are you on comission from DG Orf? Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Charlatanefc, DG Orf and the SCGB rep.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is it just me, or when you see those SCGB reps dressed in green do you think P I X I E Going green
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Add me to the grostl fan club, though goulash is also a lunchtime favourite. Preferably outside on the terrace enjoying the views. Wth a bottle of almdudler Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Depending on the company I'm keeping while on the slopes:
Usually I'm with a big group, and we tailgate. BBQ, big kettle of chili or stew (on the turkey fryer). I guess I have a lot of friends on the slopes.

If its a quick run to the hill for a few runs with a girlfriend and her kids, we usually hit the snack bar.

On rare occasion, and with the right ski partner, I treat myself to a nice meal at the slopeside Inn.

Of all of these options...............tailgating is the funnest and makes for a great day with friends.(Doesn't hurt to take some leftovers to the lifties) Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SnowHot, Welcome to snowHead 's
Sorry its a bit quiet on here today today but a large group are meeting up in the Midlands to go skiing today Laughing snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If it's the company ski trip, it will be a long expensive lunch with lots of wine.

If I'm boarding with my usual boarder pal, it'll be a quick lunch & beer.

If I'm with my brother, him being a northerner, he's too mean to buy lunch, so it'll be a mars bar & a coffee from the flask he made up that morning.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Linds wrote:
SnowHot, Welcome to snowHead 's
Sorry its a bit quiet on here today today but a large group are meeting up in the Midlands to go skiing today Laughing snowHead

Thanks for the welcome!
As for the quiet day, perfectly normal as (for me)its the off season.

I've been reading a lot, and appreciate the info. This appears to be a very friendly community, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mountain mad wrote:
Usually mountain restaurant - and usually have the plat du jour or whatever the equivalent was in Austria - forgotten! Washed down with either beer, vin chaud or a hot chocolate depending on mood!!!

The Austrian equivalent usually starts with "Tages..." e.g Tagessuppe = Soup of the Day
TagesMenu = Dish of the Day etc
One word of caution. The Germans and Austrians increasingly adopt English words, particularly in advertising etc., so they now often use the word "Hit" to denote something popular. Beware of how you pronounce TagesHit! Toofy Grin

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 6-08-06 19:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
take sarnies with us and eat on the chair lifts. If its snowing we will alter our routes to make sure we can eat in the gondela's

we never stop for lunch why waist precious riding time.

the only folks who ever stop and eat at a resteraunt are holiday makers with too much money!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You have to try them all though, so you can recommend them to your guests. I must admit, we didn't 'lunch' nearly so much last season , although Julian and I treated ourselves to a restaurant lunch at the Bivouac in March.
snow conditions
Judging by what we witnessed at Castleford yesterday, for most snowheads it is beer and a chip buttie. Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
yesterday it was beer and a cheese toastie.
latest report
be careful with those cheese toasties.

My sister had a rabbit. On mondays she fed it cheese toasties, on Tuesday she fed it ham toasties, wednesday was chicken toasties. thursday the rabbit is dead.

She takes it to the vet, the vet examines it and says . . . . .

wait for it . . . . . . .

it died from mixin' its toasties !! Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Odin, groaning loudly Very Happy
latest report
if its sunny lunch by a piste to watch the world go by while eating a baguette with something local (cheese, saussison etc...) or snack at a restaurant

If its snowing then indoors either at appt/chalet as we are always slopeside or in a restaurant (Le Benetton for a tartiflette.....) snowHead
ski holidays
La Montagnette, Notre Dame de Bellecombe (or is it Flumet?). A new discovery and the best mountain restaurant yet, opened a couple of years ago. Set amongst trees, but with a great view over the Arly Valley. First class food, charming proprietors, not expensive, beautifully converted barn and big, BIG, spotlessly clean loos with dry floors.... And you don't have to pay to pee (cf Val D'Isere eateries)
latest report
You can always tell those where you have to pay to pee.

loadsa yellow snow out back !! Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy