Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon X-Wave 10 Boots and the Cant Lock.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've a pair of these boots, as you may have guessed from the thread title. I've a few had a few mods done to them, including adding a booster strap which has increased the boots stiffness by a pretty significant ammount.

When I bought them I was told that by taking off the cant lock I could reduce stiffness to the equivalent of X-Wave 9's. I thought I'd have a play with this, but have now been lead to believe that it isn't just a case of unfastening the external allen bolt.

Has anyone done this, or know how I get that Cant Lock off?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have unscrewed the allen bolts on mine and taken them right out. Apparently Salomon provide plugs to fill the resulting holes, but I wasn't given any when I bought mine, so have used duct tape.

(ps, I think mine are Crossmax10, but imagine they work the same way)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GeorgeM, that's what I heard, only the colour and the internal footbed changed between the boots.

I've got the plugs, so I just unscrew the allen bolts and thats it?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marc gledhill, Make sure you remove the inserts for inside the clog. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, eh gringo, what eez these stinkin' inzerts you speak of?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marc gledhill Remove the bolts( on the cuff, behind the cant rivets), now remove the liners and in the clog, you will see 2 brass inserts, where the bolts are housed. Remove the 2 and push in the plastic, inserts.

No, this shouldn't effect lateral stiffness and in fact, doesn't effect too much the forward flex. It does however effect rebound, return to first angle, which can leave you dead in the transition phase. Stop asking those fools on EPIC for answers! wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER, so, ze Fishman he say non?

What! Epic? Me, nah. Little Angel
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I bought a pair of X-Wave 9's in March and was led to believe (by a thread on here) that the cant thing changed the lateral angle of the calf thereby aiding those with knock-knees. I'm a tad bow legged myself but I can't say I noticed any difference whatever the setting - although I've only used them for a 3 days and on slushy snow. It'd be interesting to hear what difference taking the whole thing out altogether actually makes.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RichA, Noooooooo. Don't touch or remove those on the 9's. They are the actual cant device, the missnamed cant lock is only on the 10's.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
marc gledhill, ahhhh ... that explains how confused i was by this thread
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy