Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2007 K2's online already!

Poster: A snowHead
i was just checking out the new k2 stuff on our site and i think i'm in love! Has anyone seen? Demo'd the new K2 Nancy for next season?

Check them out here
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OMG I'm in love with the T9 One Luv's!!

I know what I want for my 30th Birthday now!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mollygear, The Nancy is awsome, a revised flex pattern, however it is the Seth Pistol, old Seth Vicious. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
only bummer thing is the shortest they come is 159... i'm gonna need the 154's. Sad i've got the missdameanor in 159 from last season and they were a bit long for me....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mollygear, 159/154, that's 2.5 cm difference front to back. This kind of ski is best serverd long. Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mollygear wrote:
Has anyone seen? Demo'd the new K2 Nancy for next season?

Check them out here
Maybe WTFH has?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nothing about the new k2 boot. [cough]Flexon[/cough]
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flexon Phil, Are you another devotee? What size are you? I've just bought 3 pairs of shells in my size to make sure! I have a pair of UK 7 for sale - Flexon comps. Too big for me.

I wrote to K2 asking if they were going to make the boot, but they couldn't be bothered to reply. (looking for hands on hips smilie) ..
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski wrote:
Flexon Phil, Are you another devotee? What size are you? I've just bought 3 pairs of shells in my size to make sure! I have a pair of UK 7 for sale - Flexon comps. Too big for me.
You don't know who I am???? I am shocked. Someone Phil him in Wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flexon Phil, Pardon?? Am I missing something? Puzzled ps: look at my name!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski wrote:
Flexon Phil, Pardon?? Am I missing something? Puzzled ps: look at my name!

You'll have to forgive Phil. He's very playful most days, but I'm sure he's shocked that he's not 'world Famous' for his Flexon Fettish. Shocked

http://files.colonies.com/UserData/3161610/GalleryPhoto/991503/500x500_5_0_0.jpg
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SnowHot, I thought that was me! see: Last year

This year

Brian hope you don't mind me reproducing your photos. Pretty please Little Angel Little Angel
ski holidays
 brian
brian
easiski, not at all !

Here's another one, boots so good you don't even have to do them up Laughing

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am the founding member and past president of F.L.o.A. Flexon Lovers of America. I have recently converted to Dalbello for the Krypton.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Flexon Phil, The Dalbellos are just not the same - big fat strap over the instep! I've taken to acosting everyone I see wearing Flexons - one Russian guy seemed to think I was the thought police! Shocked
snow report
easiski wrote:
Flexon Phil, The Dalbellos are just not the same - big fat strap over the instep! I've taken to acosting everyone I see wearing Flexons - one Russian guy seemed to think I was the thought police! Shocked
No, they re not the same, they are better. A Flexon on steriods.
snow conditions
Flexon Phil, On the nose my friend, however a slightly less sensitive feel through the outsole. This winter the ladies version is the best looking boot for years too! Plus the are available with one of the best thermo liners to date. All's good in the land of SUPERMAN. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Flexon Phil, On the nose my friend, however a slightly less sensitive feel through the outsole. This winter the ladies version is the best looking boot for years too! Plus the are available with one of the best thermo liners to date. All's good in the land of SUPERMAN. Twisted Evil

I have a pair of the new Intuition/Dalbello liners, talk about low volume!!!!! They are even a bit low volume for me and I thought I had a low volume foot. I still need to play with them some more, but at this point I still prefer my old, tried and true, red thermoflex liners.
ski holidays
Flexon Phil, Should you struggle to find them, a current, new Scarpa thermo liner is the same. It has evolved too, a strip of velcro down the calf for adding a velcroed spoiler and a reinforced shin for better use in alpine boots. Little Angel
latest report
Flexon Phil, Traitor - change your name at once! Dalbello is not a Flexon!!! Raichle, or more recently Kneissl, and possibly in the future K2, but not Dalbello. Shocked Shocked Shocked The whole point is the lovely easy, progressive flex ... of course if you're a true afficionado you'll have noticed in this year's pic I have the original Raichle Flexon Comp tongue on my Kneissl Flexon Pro shells + comform'able foamed inners. Could only get Pros, which aren't really stiff enough - still the combo works.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, Still waiting to hear about your Raichle bits .... rolling eyes

K2 Nancy: My friend Jutta tells me that in discussion with K2 she reckons they're not a performance off piste ski for women, but a squishy bit of rubbish, so she cancelled her order for them. I'm hoping she'll have some in to test for the PSB. Confused
ski holidays
[quote="easiski"]Flexon Phil, Traitor - change your name at once! Dalbello is not a Flexon!!! Raichle, or more recently Kneissl, and possibly in the future K2, but not Dalbello. Shocked Shocked Shocked The whole point is the lovely easy, progressive flex ... of course if you're a true afficionado you'll have noticed in this year's pic I have the original Raichle Flexon Comp tongue on my Kneissl Flexon Pro shells + comform'able foamed inners. Could only get Pros, which aren't really stiff enough - still the combo works.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, Still waiting to hear about your Raichle bits .... rolling eyes

K2 Nancy: My friend Jutta tells me that in discussion with K2 she reckons they're not a performance off piste ski for women, but a squishy bit of rubbish, so she cancelled her order for them. I'm hoping she'll have some in to test for the PSB. Confused[/quote]

Many Falsehoods here!

Heel pieces, size 24? Was that it?
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, 25 heels - how much and how many?

I don't personally know about the Nancy, but they looked good on the website, so I asked her why she hasn't got any. She has most of next year's K2s in stock for testing (and sale). That's what she said!! Mind you - she does often ski on 178 Public Enemys ...

Re the Dalbellos - they're not remotely the same with a monster buckle in place of a nice skinny wire thingy! Shocked Clearly have to work much harder to flex!!! No falsehoods about my boots - the real thing!!!
snow conditions
easiski, Have you skied the Krypton? I am a long time ex-user of the Flexon and have since used the Krypton, there are differences but not the ones you've highlighted, at least not for me or our clients. This will be our third winter with the Krypton and we are very happy with it's progress, it's more of an Evolution of the Flexon than a direct replacement.

The K2 Nancy is the Original Seth Pistol, with the sweet spot moved slightly further forward to help the lower centre of Gravity of the Lady skier. I was never a fan of the Seth, as i too belived it a little soft, however it has since grown on me. The mistake many make is the flex test in the shop. You know, placing the ski at an angle to the ground, holding the tip and pushing the ski away from you to test the flex. This does not work with freestyle backcountry skis, as all you do is test the flex of the spatula(the last 5-10cm of the tip and tail). These parts of the ski are designed to be very supple to bring the ski to flat on reception, if they were stiff there would be no forgiveness and therefore, lots more stacks. The Public Enemy is almost 100% the same construction as the Seth/Nancy/Made'n'AK just different dimensions, so they shouldnt ski, once locked, too differently.

K2 and Flexon is a long story, needless to say, that rumour did the rounds when Kniessl dropped production of the Flexon. K2 never picked up the ball, it was the K2 riders that did, hense Plake's presence with all that is Krypton.

I have a pair of Kryptons for you should you pass by Cham'. Little Angel
snow report
easiski wrote:
Flexon Phil, Traitor - change your name at once! Dalbello is not a Flexon!!! Raichle, or more recently Kneissl, and possibly in the future K2, but not Dalbello. Shocked Shocked Shocked The whole point is the lovely easy, progressive flex ... of course if you're a true afficionado you'll have noticed in this year's pic I have the original Raichle Flexon Comp tongue on my Kneissl Flexon Pro shells + comform'able foamed inners. Could only get Pros, which aren't really stiff enough - still the combo works.

Flexon Phil sounds much better than Krypton Phil. I still have 3-4 pair of Flexons around that if my Kryps are in VT, I could ski in Pa.
latest report
I know that the LARGE-ONE knows a little more than everything about the Flexon and it's history. Maybe he'll pop up with some PEARLS for the Perverted. Little Angel
snow report
What would you like to know?
snow conditions
LARGEZOOKEEPER, Do you love me as much as i love you? Do you love me more than i love Grammar? Little Angel
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, In this context, grammar should be spelt with a small g.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
LARGEZOOKEEPER, How about, Git? NehNeh
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, after a comma, yes
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Interesting what you say about the flex - I never do it - I just put a pair of skis on and see how they are! Jutta herself reckons the Seth is too soft (she never skis ON piste), and prefers the Public enemy or the P3 ... Anyway, if the Nancy is virtually a Seth, might as well have a Seth and save on all the jokes!!!

I looked at the Dalbellos at the beginning of last season, but they didn't have my size to try on. Cedric reckoned they were a totally different fit, and to be honest, after 3 years of really dreadful foot pain, now I'm back in the Flexons and have NO PAIN (almost from day one - miraculous) + I have 2 more new shells under the bed ... I'm really reluctant to put my feet in any other boot. All the experts disagree, but the proof of the pudding etc.

[SIZE=HUGE]I LOVE RAICHLE FLEXONS[/size]

I'd be interested to hear any news/info about what's going on.

One of these days I'll come up to Chamonix ......

Flexon Phil, if you were Krypton Phil would we all be Supermen and women?
snow report
Sticking on the subject of K2 2007 lineup....

Have bought and having disasters with K2 PE 2007 (Not K2 fault, rather a shat binding fitter)

Love the Made n AK's

My other half tells me the Misdemeanors are great (thought she aint gettin em!!!)

Failing that I would have the Seth's

A
snow report
easiski, Krypton is a very slightly modified flexon last. We've changed injection liners from flexon to krypton with very few problems. Many of the pro riders have made the change without too much comprimise. The principals rest the same between boots in that the coller and tongue share the resistance, progressivity and return. I could post you the boots, will you front the carriage? snowHead
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, that's very kind of you! I would, but honestly, as I have (hopefully) enough pairs of Flexons to last me for the rest of my life. It would really be a waste of your time. I promise that I will try the Dalbello as soon as I get a chance (Jacques Sports stock them) or I pass through Chamonix (possibly to check out DMs new place? - is he going to have a house warming?)

The thing that is so wierd is that according to all the physios I know I have really nice shaped feet. I NEVER had any problems (except pain under the balls of the feet in hot weather) until I went to see a podiatrist. this co-incided with needing new boots (spent about 20 years on Raichles) and ending up with Salomons. By the end of that season I COULD NOT WALK (ask my clients). I couldn't put a shoe on until June! Anyway, boring, I got what Chemmy got - bursas with blisters. I bought a pair of Atomics - got bone spurs on the heels .... Eventually got hold of a pair of Kneissls, too big - got worse..... Got the right size, got Comformable inners - OK 2 days pain to do up and then ..... (drum roll) - NO PAIN! Now the bursas are almost gone and the bone spurs don't hurt, so you can imagine how reluctant I am to try anything else!!! rolling eyes
snow conditions
easiski, Sounds like your problem maybe about ramp angles and a lack of available flex in the tendons. Little Angel
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Seriously I think it's about fit to foot shape. Clearly the Raichle has always been the perfect shape for my foot. I was OK in Kofflachs too, but they're not made any more either. Alternatively I've tried many, many other makes without success. Re: flex though. I do have short legs, therefore lack of leverage. I find with the Flexom I can do it up tighter if I want it to be stiffer. For work my boots are always loose. With other boots, when not done up tightly I get rubs and all sorts as already described. I did tear all the ligaments and tendons under the arch of my foot when I was 16 though (my last year at the British Juniors), whcih may account for something (flat feet?) The point about the Raichle is that it is narrow and good for flat feet - this combination is unusual!

My view is "if it aint broke, don't fix it" . I just have to hope that in 15 years time, either they'll have made some more, or (as I'll be almost 70) I'll be dead and therefore not skiing any more. Laughing
ski holidays
 brian
brian
easiski, I shared a chair with an 83 year old lady a couple of years ago in Courchevel. She was skiing all by herself as her friend had broken her ankle on the first day. She turned out to be a fellow Edinburgher, I noticed the Glenshee patch on her arm which was how we got talking.

So you better stockpile a few more pairs to be on the safe side wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy