Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Braehead Xscape - Sunday 13 August

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've never ski'd indoors (on real snow) before, so I'm going to try this out.

I plan to be there around 9:30 and ski from 10am to 12 noon.

Any other Snowheads be there that day?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’ve only been 3 times but the times I’ve been I’ve spent:
£29 for 3 hours 9am till noon (It was nice and groomed) only about a dozen or so people on the slope.
£25 for 2 hours including my lunch (11-2) ski 2 hours and get a free lunch.
The last time I spent £16 for one hour.
I would recommend going early as the snow is better but after an hour and a bit it does get rather repetitive.
I’m an intermediate and the last time I went with the intention of improving my short radius turns -it was well worth my time. The first time was to try out my new skis - any excuse will do in the middle of the summer!
It’s better than a 200m dry slope but I can’t wait till winter.

I ski in trackie bottoms and a fleece and they are enough if you don’t fall over but do take your own gloves.

Let us all know how it goes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
no takers then?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AlpineWalker, I would have joined you, but I was only there in July and its too soon to go back as there is only one slope!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had a go 4 times in the last two months - find Thursday night great as there are so few people. I hate dry slopes but need to keep up the practice and muscle tone. Might try a freestyle lesson this week. snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
had a great time today, almost deserted main slope and no queue for the poma meant lots of skiing Very Happy

slope is longer than I'd expected with 2 sections, the top being slightly steeper than the lower run down to the poma

snow quality was much better than I'd expected, with good grooming

seperate beginners slope was busier with childrens classes, part of the main slope next to the poma was sectioned off for sledging

the 10am to 12 noon slot seems a good time to go

will take my own skis next time Madeye-Smiley

will definitely be back, probably for the Ellis Brigham ski test day on 30 September Cool

PS the coffee in the sno bar was - ?? where's the smilie for 'barf' when you need one ??
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AlpineWalker, is it worth a visit then? Pretty easy to get to Glasgow from NI and there's also a day trip on the ferry to Braehead Shopping Complex.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mrs johnboy, The ski slope is right next to the Braehead Shopping Complex - in fact its all the one complex really.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jb1970,

Is it worth a trip across the North Channel?
snow report
 brian
brian
johnboy, cinema, bowling, M&S, IKEA, the usual high street stuff and a 150m long ski slope, hardly the stuff of dreams Confused
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mrs johnboy wrote:
AlpineWalker, is it worth a visit then? Pretty easy to get to Glasgow from NI and there's also a day trip on the ferry to Braehead Shopping Complex.

don't know if I'd come all that way Puzzled , I only had to drive a couple of hours

it's fairly good fun if you're desperate for some snow and need a fix until winter gets here Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy