Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Grave trip-Split from Skiing goals thread.

Poster: A snowHead
.....I was interrupted in my epistle on Tuesday ......someone asked me to sing ......

.... anyway as easiski, mentioned, the luck that follows us Irish in our travels, remains ever present. The first Remontees Mechanique that I set foot in in La Grave on Tuesday contained easiski, and the Vikings and we had a spectac. day. I must be one of the luckiest snowHead could almost burst with excitement ......

Signed: BernardC - age 7 3/4 .....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Chris,

Thanks for looking after us so well....... and then the lovely meal afterwards

best regards to Lynn and tell Terry I will pass on his goodwill to MIF.......... he will know what that means
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT, it was great to meet both of you. Very Happy Your helpfull tips and advise has given us the confidence to move forwards with our off-pisting. That last hike across the Crete de la Balme is the highlight of Lins' skiing experiences and she is being talked about in hushed reverence by Terry's group. Cool
More snowis expected so the last few days should be good. But take care.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
chris, Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

A day today in L2A with Charlotte.......
Had a geat ti,me being shown a few little stashes,
cold and windy but that should bring in 40cms tonight they say, so thats allright then....
Many thanks Charlotte
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
..... still bursting with excitement .......

and there's TOMORROW......!

Music great here in Auberge Edelweis .....JT, is gigging with the local ...how shall I say ...... eccentrics ....great stories .... do remind me to tell the 'Fawlty Towers' - 'Basil' getting shot of complaining guest - you won't believe it ....but it's true JT, and GrahamN, will testify.

Skiing is awesome ! JT, and GrahamN, are mighty fine comrades, we have had an absolute ball.

I must protect my voice as I may be called upon to sing at any moment ( snowHead 's will be pleased to note that my voice has now been trained - an intensive 'Learn-by-mail course by Marguerite Crackataun has been attended to) ....

JT, is still strumming and Joe Suitcase is on a roll ......a Calvados beckons ......

I remain,

Your La Grave correspondent......

bernardC- age 7 3/4 ..... + one day ......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
bernardC- age 7 3/4 ..... + one day at a time!!! Have fun fella Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Its raining in the village and we are unsure of the FL............ we would ike to spend our last day up there
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, unstable snow pack and a fubar at the hotel meant we went to LP for the day with BC who was the most wonderful host. Blue ski day butthe lifts weren't open to the Bellecote due to very high AVI risk.... Still, it gives me a very good reason to pop back
and see BC to ski it, hopefully.

Cheers Bernard Madeye-Smiley Cool snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Since the the guys left the LG lifts have been closed as too dangerous...windy and lots of snow and low temps...Hmmmmmmm!!

But we had a ball going over the SC 4 times and found lots of interesting drops here and there and didn't have to look too hard either. The LG mob moved over there as well as it was the best conditions around....the Col pretty well seperated and created 2 weather systems. Warm and raining in LG at resort level was colder snow in SC. Great time with chris showing us a few things which we explored and then they pointed out more stuff... like the drop on that high chair around the back all the way to resort level and of course, the front face. I don't want to go into names and places just yet but with a tendancy to look around you will find lots of stuff to do... SC is a top place with good snow, even if it has the most dangerous 4 o'clock runs ever..... which makes the backside run all the better as you can avoid most of them. Its just a bit heavy snow-wise, that late in the day.

And even with the LG mob it doesn't get that tracked out...especially as most had to hitch up to SC and its a good reason to drive on past... Laughing Laughing Laughing which BC is too nice a guy to do...
ski holidays
 brian
brian
JT et al, so the end of a long thread and a good time had by all. Where to next year ? Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Where to next year ?

Next year ? Mrs Ski is off to LG again later this year................ Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
well, there's still plenty to do at LG...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
brian,

LG, I'd say...plenty to do and we know the area a bit better... SC is a good alternative and we didn't touch ADH. We saw L2A on a bad vis day and then there is St Christophe....and Francios is expecting us...Laughing

Shall we start the thread now..? Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bearing in mind we'd be fortunate to luck out with similar conditions ever again I'd still say LG at a similar time of year. (Note to self to maximise fitness, minimise knee injuries, find a pair of skis where I really have no regard for the bases, hire small rock wallah to run ahead of me etc etc)
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Arno, JT, good points, have to say I am rather itching to get back there .... I think we owe it to Manu to give him the 1st day next time. Laughing
snow report
brian, fatbob, deal......!!! Laughing
ski holidays
........did I mention that Tuesday, February 27th was the best day of the entire season at La Grave ........ ?

.....It must have slipped my mind.......blue skies, powder half a metre deep .......... Toofy Grin

Quote:

Where to next year ?

I would have to agree with JT, - La Grave .... & as he mentions, knowing the area better gives a lot more scope - Serre Chevalier esp. is an excellent Plan B if conditions are not so good in LG.

PS JT, ..did you get text re BD poles?
snow report
... and i still need to show you lot around alpe d'huez Cool
latest report
BernardC,

Yes thanks, I will follow that up...

Arno, Certainly... I will be up for a 4-5 day trip
latest report
Hello, this is my first post on snowHead

I've been inspired by your trip to consider going to LG in April and wondered if anyone here has experienced skiing LG late season, and if so would you recommend it?

Cheers.
snow report
balernoStu, lifts stay open into May. You probably won't be able to ski all the way down, but taking the lift from the first intermediate station is no great hardship IMO
latest report
 brian
brian
balernoStu, welcome to snowHead s.

If you're the balerno Stu I'm assuming you are, tell Linda you need me to come along to make you look good ! wink Laughing
snow conditions
balernoStu,
Welcome to snowHead 's, I have skied powder at the top and had snow all the way down to 1300m in April before. Much of the area is north facing and there should be plenty there in april if it was half as deep as it sounds.
latest report
brian: that would be great, but I've heard you'll be skiing with your family elsewhere the week I can go (7-14 April). Mine will be visiting granparents in the Midlands so I hope to make best use of the opportunity wink

Arno & T Bar: Sounds like it could be fine at LG, ta.

Cheers.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
balernoStu, i'm back in la grave from 15th (for a tour starting there) so there better be snow Cool
ski holidays
...and there'd better be some there over Easter weekend too...as guess where I'm going to be then? (as of today - someone's cancelled on the SCGB trip I was waiting on)

...except I probably have to get to Stansted in the Thurs eve rush to get there Sad ).
snow conditions
GrahamN, ......cushty...... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I thought I would post this as Brian was too modest about it.

It is just a tidy up and puts things in the right place

Brian's LG trip report
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And I am going to dust of the video and any pics I have...sorry it has been a while...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi, last years' ski-bods
We have a date for next year... based around the weekend of the 8th Mar.

Arno has an Eagles bash that week skiing from the sunday so can ski with us upto that day..
I suggest a thurs evening dept to Lyon and ski fri, sat, sun and mon. That would be my choice.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
JT, put me down as a definite one way or another wink
snow conditions
Preliminary yes from me & my bro too. Just need to work out when to take the big trip....cursing early Easter big time here!
latest report
fatbob,

Where's that then...? Laughing
latest report
Dunno yet - storm chasing in N america somewhere probably rather than a 2 week hut to hut epic though I imagine wink
ski holidays
What's on the table so far... 8th Mar for 3-4 days. I'll suggest 4. Depart thurs, ski fri and sat with Arno who then has Eagles duties ..we could join the Eagles with our group and pretty well make up a guided Grp ourselves altho' I don't know how Ian will see this... or go it alone for the sun and mon.

Or go 1st or 15th mar, for the 3-4 days...???
snow conditions
 brian
brian
JT, obviously this winter's schedules aren't out ... but easy typically have some late flights (>9pm) back Sunday night from GVA. So out Weds, ski Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun, leave about 4pm gets 4 days skiing for 4 nights away.

I had a quick scan at BA, same flights as last year, seem to have hiked prices a bit. LHR->LYS return 6/3 - 10/3 is £150. Goes down to £119 for 5/3 - 9/3 or 7/3 - 11/3.
ski holidays
Think when I looked at BA a week or so ago Feb was OTT out Thurs night, back Early Tues as last time seemed to be the best ski-time/days off ratio. For brian obviously eschewing the joys of the sarf east may be different. First weekend in March was most attractive to me as it still enables me to squeeze another decent trip in before Easter, my bro I think is similar as he usually takes a late March hol as his leave year turns around.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy