Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to buy new boots - Southport/Preston/Liverpool area....?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

My brother is looking to buy new ski boots but the ski shop he bought his skis from lat year has closed down Sad Can anyone suggest/recommend somewhere in this neck of the woods please? snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Madaboutsnow, Buy them in resort - much better idea. Prices usually better + all adjustments FOC as part of the after sales service.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, Thanks Charlotte - I'll tell him! He did buy his existing boots in resort, years (and years...) ago, but they are now ready for retirement. He's going to Obergurgl though, so he's probably thinking the cost will be inflated Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Madaboutsnow, HappyMouffe bought Strolz boots in Obergurgl - which made her very happy, if not somewhat poorer. My impression of Obergurgl wasn't that they charged over the odds but that they stocked some stuff which was rather pricey wherever you got it. Some nice big ski boot shops there...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Slush & Rubble on the Wirral did a decent job for my Mum last year but they'd just opened so I think she got the national trainer. If you know what you're doing self fitting there's always Decathlon but I wouldn't rely on them for advice.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Madaboutsnow, On the contrary, I would expect ski equipment to be generally cheaper in Europe - especially if it's manufactured there. After all Britain persists in retaining that silly old fashioned pound thing, which means everything costs extra due to currency charges!

The after-sales fitting is very important. Almost no boot fits immediately, and most have to have daily "tweaks" for several days. If you have to pay extra for this (having bought in the UK) that whacks up the price. Now if your brother was close to either Bicester or Leamington Spa, that would be different. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all - I've passed on the wisdom! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all - I've passed on the wisdom! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Madaboutsnow, Bought my boots at Ellis Brigham in Liverpool and got a decent service. There is also a ski shop in St. Helens (Ventura on the A58 between Junction 23 M6 and the A580 East Lancs Road. Had my old skis serviced there and only bought bits and bobs. No idea what their boot service is like but they seem to know what they are talking about.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have a trip up to Kendal, to see the guys at Anything Techinical
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Madaboutsnow, not bought boots from there, but I was having a terrible time with my Nordica boots. Took them to Snow and Rock on the Wirral and had some hot form footbeds made, and haven't looked back since, so I would recommend you go there (would imagine some decent offers given the fact it's summer, and too early for next seasons gear)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
halfhand, srobbo, Charlatanefc, Thanks again guys - what a useful lot you are! snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy