Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ride Portillo / Valle Nevado

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me what these places are like. I've been doing my research and although both are fairly expensive, Portillo seems to be the cheaper of the two. The heli-skiing doesn't look too expensive either - £110 for one drop including a guide.

Do they have a decent selection of equipment to hire? I'm not going till September so i'm hoping there will be more end of season offers!

On the Portillo website they appear to only do accomodation Saturday to Saturday. I don't arrive till Sunday but still want to do a full week. Is this going to be a problem?

Any advice much appreciated.....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I truly wish I had the experience to answer your question myself but I'm sure someone else around here will know.

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They are only expensive if you factor in the flight to Santiago being transcontinental - otherwise costs pretty much compare to US or Europe for all-in deals I think. Portillo is wholly resort owned and geared towards 1 week packages so I'd give them a call to see if you can go Sun-Sun. I'd get bored with the skiing there if conditions weren't great over a week. Valle Nevado has a choice of hotels. It would certainly be possible to do both areas in aweek (& pretty easy if you had a hire car) but it may require looking for independednt accomodation (see other threads on this.)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IMHO. Portilio is limited, You can ski round the lift served area in a day. Accomodation is limited & expensive however its "Full board" thats the case at most resorts in Chile & Argentina. There are some hostels & appartments but if you do not speak Spanish negotiating maybe a problem. ? Best skiing is off Condor or Roca Jack.
Also if you turn up in Portillio after skiing Chillan or Valle Nevado its a big dissapointment except for the stunning scenery.

I just turned up at the Hotel Portilio and got a room but was very lucky as it was the last one Very Happy , there was a heavy storm outside & I didnt want to drive back down to Los Andes Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy