Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Testing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the ski test at Castleford is only a couple of weeks away, your help is required. Hubby is in need of a new pair of skis, and I would like to buy some based on something other than the colour of the flowers.

Julian had already tried- Scott Aztec Pro
- Dynastar Legend 8000

The legends are way out in the lead at the moment. He didn't like the Head Monsters he also tried at the PSB.

I tried some Head Cool Thangs at the PSB, I currently have Rossi Saphir Fun's . I need something that will let me go faster without feeling unstable.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen Beaumont wrote:

The legends are way out in the lead at the moment. He didn't like the Head Monsters he also tried at the PSB.

Interesting. WHICH iM did he try?
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Helen Beaumont, Hubby sounds like he's looking for the same kind of thing as me. So others to try:

Stoeckli Stormrider XL
K2 Apache Recon
Voelkl Unlimited AC3 or AC4
Rossi Bandit B3
Zag FR75
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, not sure, sorry.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I honestly cannot see how an indoor test will give you enough info to make an informed opinion, assuming he is looking for an "all round" ski, you need to ski in "all round" conditions, IMHO, ie powder, slush, cut up cr*p, ice as well as piste!

If he's just after a piste ski, ignore me Wink

cheers,

Greg
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gregh wrote:
you need to ski in "all round" conditions, IMHO, ie powder, slush, cut up cr*p, ice as well as piste!

If he's just after a piste ski, ignore me Wink

cheers,

Greg

Last time I was at mk I think I had all of the above. Apart from piste Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alecl, you left out "sugar" - normal MK snow.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gregh, just asking for some things he can check out thats all. I think he realises it is not a good indication, but it's often difficult to test the skis you want in all conditions. Maybe he can then narrow down his choices before the PSB in October.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, didn't you say you also tried some Fast Thangs and liked them? If you want a fast piste ski they would seem to fit the bill on paper (still seething that mine arrived on the Monday after our last weekend of the season). Or the Wild Thang?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian, Helen Beaumont, I would not recommend the same skis for Julian as Brian. Different level of skiing and totally different styles!

Helen Beaumont, You deffo need to get rid of the Saphirs - they were never up to much. I think you should try various GS based skis (that is a GS turn radius etc). If you like something at Castleford, then hope it's at the Mondial and give it a better try.

The thing to do when testing skis is to work out a routine of types of turns. At Castleford that would probably mean one run of each type of turn. On the Glacier you can do it all in one run, but do the same turns in the same place each time. Once you've done your turns, change skis and do the same again. Later, you can go back to a favourite ski. If you can't do different sorts of turns, or can't feel any difference between skis on one run (of the glacier), then it's probably immaterial what you ski on - sorry to be blunt. Neutral
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, he tried the Dynastars on an off-piste lesson at Easter and really liked them, but he does want to try something else before he decides.
I did like my Saphirs when I bought them, and will keep them for rock hoppers. Too soft though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy