Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowtrain Friday, changeover day Sunday?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am looking at booking the snowtrain for March, arrive Sat morning, slopes on whatever resort that day. Probably find a last min deal for accomodation only.

Is changeover day a Sunday this year? It seems to be on a couple of sites I've checked.

I'm worried that although I can get there fine, the fact that changeover is the next day there may be a problem.

Have I got the dates for changeover right?
If so, then what are others doing in this situation?
Do you think that there will be last min deals I can still get?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
edde, this is sometimes the case but may depend on the resort and the operator. The Briancon sleeper (for Serre Che, Montgenevre, Milky Way, Puy St Vincent etc, runs every day, so you could try the Southern resorts instead of the Snowtrain, you get on the sleeper at Gare d'Austerlitz in Paris. Most private accommodation in the area has Saturday changeovers.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
edde, Doesn't the snowtrain arrive Sat AM? In common with most other English TOs in La Rosiere we operate a Sundat transfer, it's less busy and our guests don't spend all day on the RN90 in a traffic jam. I do know of a hotel in Bourg St Maurice who accept single night stays, in fact it's where the TGV crews stay overnight. PM me for the details because some plonker has complained that I'v been advertising on the site, they obviously haven't seen or ad in snowShops.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 19-07-06 11:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Changeover day is whatever the operator or accommodation owner decides - usually Saturday, sometimes Sunday. Pick an accommodation which changes over on the day you prefer.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax, did some plonker complain that you were advertising, or did they complain that you appeared to be hijacking threads that weren't related to La Rosiere?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hyweljenkins, I can't recall saying anything specific for more than a year publicly or privately, does that mean I'm off the 'plonker' list? wink That'd be nice 'cos it's really messing with my street-cred.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, I think you're off that list then.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hyweljenkins, I've no idea they didn't complain to me.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy