Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Question about the fit of Burton bindings and snowboard

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I recently purchased a Burton Feelgood 140, which recommends that I use size small bindings. However, I wear a size 7 in Burton women's snowboarding boots and need medium Burton bindings. I was just wondering if the medium bindings would still work with my board or if I need to sell the 140 and look into getting a 144, which is slightly longer and wider. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mica, welcome to the nut house. It depends on your foot position. If you ride very alpine (toes forward) or very duck (toes splayed) then you will have no overhang and no probs. Check how much overhang you have at the toe and heel when your bindings and boot are at your normal riding angle, more than an inch either side and you will probably have some probs with your toes or heel catching.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey Masque. Thanks for replying. I'm not very familiar with all of the snowboarding jargon as of yet. I just learned last winter. However, during the season, I went snowboarding at least twice a week and progressed fairly quickly. My normal stance is regular, and I prefer freestyle riding. About how much can I allow my toe and heel to overhang?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
it depends on your foot angles as Masque, said and also how high your bindings are.. those that lift your feet higher from the board allow for a fair bit more overhang..
as a beginner you want as little overhang as poss as you will be getting on that edge when you encounter some really steep stuff..
im not sure but you may be able to by riser plates or whatever they are called to lift your nibdings up a bit
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mica, There is no clear cut answer about which size bindings fit which size board since there are so many variables that can change. The only reason you would need to get a wider board is if you have experienced your toes or heels touching the snow whilst on an edge. As CANV CANVINGTON, says this can happen on the steeper runs or any situations where you get a big angle on your edge such as a deep carving turn. The effect this will have will be to make your edge 'slip away' from you. Not the worst type of fall by a long way but if it happens consistently it limits your riding and would be worth getting a wider board.

Next time you go snowboarding look around in the lift cue and ask an instructor or someone that looks really good on the slopes about the 'overhang of your boots' see what they say. I would say most people would be happy to help with this type of question.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy