Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Its probably been asked before but Historic Snow Reports - whither now?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Everywhere I look (if you ski, j2ski, etc.) seems to refer to SCGB, and they ain't telling no more! (well, at least, not to us non members)

So, is there a weather website which will give me historic snow depths and/or averages : 5,10, more, years across the 20 or so weeks of the winter season, for French resorts, that I don't have to pay to join?

Or am I going to have to cough up to find out stuff that isn't really relevant anyway...? wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JimW, where in France, and do you want average for the season, maximum, monthly, daily, etc, oh, and why?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JimW, if you put up here where you were interested in, some friendly person on here that has access to the SC site may be able to help.

Alternatively, http://uk.weather.com/activities/recreation/ski/ will give you the average for the last three years across a range of resorts.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're interested in Les Arcs in March and April to look at whether we should take our daughter out of school or wait until the Easter hols. Snow depths would be great.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From the SCGB, Les Arcs 12yr avg snow depths for March & April range from 51/192 in the 3rd week of April to 105/214 in the 2nd week of March. From experience of skiing late season in the area, you will have no probs skiing back to resort unless maybe you are in BSM or Villaroger.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys - appreciate the feedback. ( Even had Mrs W reply to Foxy's question in the middle there - you are honoured!)

So probably Easter will work then, and we'll have the advantage of longer, sunnier days.

Of course, no night-skiing, which closes quite early this year in Les Arcs - but hey, I'll have to get out there on a boys only trip earlier in the season...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy