Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

After some twin-tip ski suggestions please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got to the point where I can no longer ignore my need for snow-related stuff this year.. I've managed to almost not think about it for 4 months; but my self-control has failed!

So, can anyone recommend a good set of versatile twin-tips for someone whos still trying to get this whole landing after finding myself in the air thing sorted (which, I have to admit.. isn't very pretty to watch at all!! ), but whos very proud of himself that he's got the whole backwards skiing thing figured out!

Ideally they'd be "okay" for piste work when skiing in a group comprising of boarders.

Any suggestions for me to go have a look at/play with at MK would be great.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 16-07-06 11:07; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
K2 Public Enemy
Volkl Karma
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
K2 Public Enemy
Volkl Karma
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I guess I should have a look at pairs of K2 Public Enemy and Volkl Karma then right?? Puzzled

Laughing

Thanks very much for the suggestions.. now just got to sort a new pair of boots out!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For those, my only recommendation is to go to a good bootfitter, and get a pair that fit.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got a pair of Head boots that are fine; but I guess they're what are classed as recreational boots and I'm really starting to notice how soft they feel.

They're good comfy boots, but I think its time I stepped upto something a little stiffer.

I appricate that boots aren't something anyone can really give suggestions for!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
try 1080s......
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gregh, snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I tried the Volkl Karma and found it very unforgiving - fine once you're 'experienced', maybe not so good for getting experienced.

U do have to check out 1080's - they're the reference really. They're only popular cos people like them Wink

The Rossignol Scratch FS is light and manouverable and just makes u want to jump about - very fun ski.
I also liked the Black Diamond Havoc but they're not so easy to find.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Twin Tips for getting air and landing in the park will be a different beast to twin tips for getting air and landing on big mountain terrain.

Which is it you aspire to? Very Happy

Also.... stiffer boots and large landings do not suit each other.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As for boots, I wasn't going to go for race boots or anything - but my boots are *very* soft and I think its fair to say they're aimed at the slightly more "relaxed" or learner skier than how I'm skiing now. Thats not saying that I don't like them - I'll still use them because they're good for lazy days - but I'm starting to feel like I could push harder than my boots allow and I would benefit from something aimed at a more intermediate skier.

As for which I aspire to - well I'm not planning on being great at either! But I guess big mountain would be the ones, simply because I wouldn't want to sit in the park all day because I'm too lazy to go back to the apartment to get my piste skis!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scott p3 which is much more turney than the public enemy although I have the feeling the PE would have better stability at high speed. You may want to wait for next years Public Enemy as it has a more resilient top sheet though essentially the same ski. Try ski-Bartlett they may have some of this years still left as I think most online shops are out (in the UK). Make sure you don't get a ski that's too short either. The p3 is quite stiff but has loads of pop and the tail is quite forgiving.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy