Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Never again

Poster: A snowHead
provenjohn - surely not! Landgraaf is fab! The staff are friendly and it's the biggest indoor snow hall in europe, it's all kitted out in alpine style including a bar outside open until midnight every day of the year and quite frankly when it's 35 degrees outside like it is now, there's nothing better than popping along to landgraaf (dragging your skis, boots & clothes through the carpark rolling eyes ) and then getting in to those gorgeous mins 5 temperatures! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was referring to it's lack of snow covered pointy bits, there wasn't an indoor option when I was last there.
Nothing against it as a country, like the beer & people Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I cant belive no one has mentioned the carbucle of alpes Les Menuires been there twice first time by accident on a guess where you go ski holiday and second time was fooled by first chice in to the hotel Pinochet -the worst hotel and holiday experince ever -horribly overcrowed central slopes with a resort centre modelled on Sheffields Park Hill housing estate thank god they went throwing Tvs out of the flats and settings fires off in the rubbish shoots as in sheffield.On the upside La Masse is good and the Chalet Neige does excellent dinners,plus if you vist the local slopes midday from eslwhere its normaly fairly quiet as all the folk from Les Menuires have escaped from the hell on snow,ps i am sure the newer parts are nicer than where we stayed and maybe dont have the same amount of dog dirt as at least foreign visitors leave their dogs at home
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard wrote:
I didin't rate Courchevel: the ski area gave the impression of being small (though I know it isn't) and the on-piste skiing was quite pedestrian (couldn't vouch for off-piste)..
Except for the Grand Couloir, I assume! And the off-piste, though quite good, is better at Val Thorens
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno wrote:
ashton parker wrote:
Alp- D'Huez - snow was incredibly bad which obviously limited enjoyment but skiing didn't seem very interesting or very long.

yep - Alpe d'Huez sucks. don't go there:

YESS!!

Many HUGE, far off-piste opportunities
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am never going back to that kebab shop from last night.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tomf wrote:
the worst hotel and holiday experince ever -horribly overcrowed central slopes with a resort centre modelled on Sheffields Park Hill housing estate

Yeah...but I bet the Les Menuires version isn't a listed building! rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tomf,
Les Menuires was the first European resort I went to in 1990 (I know the year because I was at Murrayfield earlier in the day that I left and we won the Grand Slam.)
No real complaints-free wine in the evening (great when your 15)- snow was good no queues to speak of. Did however get accused of setting the bedroom on fire! Can’t be sure but I think I would have remembered putting a 2”x3” scorch mark on the wooden clad wall and it might have set the fire alarm off! Do remember commenting to my room mates “that’s a bloody big burn on the wall” on arrival!

Also first off piste venture. Not the best the top half of the run was great but the bottom half involved taking skis off and trying to climb down what would be best described as a cliff!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Seems like people like Sheffield and Les Menuires ,both places share a common theme look upwards and outwards and their fine Sheffield has the peak district on its doorstep and Les Menuires has la Masse but neither have the Bealach na ba !
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We are off back to Reberty (les Menuires satellite). It was/is superb.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Roger C - shall I say it or will you?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would NEVER go skiing again in the Saharah desert (Long story!) Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arinsal or Pal in Andorra, bored and small.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter Leuzzi, missed that comment. Very Happy Very amusing!

BUT as you only managed half a day on the slopes that weekend i feel it should be your role to fill the rest of the snowheads community in about that particular place!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arinsal - went twice on "cheap teletext" offer. wasnt linked to Pal at the time either . Skied it all by lunchtime of first day.
snow report
Roger C, Peter Leuzzi, Tell us more
latest report
this thread is hysterical!!!! so here's my 10 peneth worth.

i hated Chamonix, when i went my standard of riding wasn't as good as it is now. It was far tooo busy, i found the people their so far up their own arsses i'm surprised they could actually get their heads out to do any skiing! The busses are dreadfull and i dont like the fact that the resort is so spread out. Le Tour was ok, but only ok. I can see why some people would like Cham but its not at all for me.

ADH, by the way, is the nuts of a resort and them pics just make me wanna go ride it!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy