Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glencoe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
12th best resort in the world...

https://www.thenational.scot/news/24042649.ski-resort-scotland-named-one-worlds-best-spots/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
With all due respect to Glencoe I actually read the article it’s a load of codswhallop . There will be a local newspaper in Austria celebrating the fact that Flachau is the third best ski resort in the world !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To be fair, am epic day at Glencoe on April is pretty awesome
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The article is a load of nonsense and is a repost from somewhere else.

It is cheap if you anre close and the people are nice but it doesn’t compare to the major places in mainland Europe.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
all very true but you can have a grand day out there on a cold sunny day late season
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not fit to wrap chips
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
To be fair, am epic day at Glencoe on April is pretty awesome

Thats absolutely true, and hopefully I will get one next week if conditions allow.

However this is a bit like those "best hotels in XYZ" advertorials you see in those inflight magazines.

I have asked myself a few times - when looking at destinations or hotels / restaurants / bars I have decent knowledge of - if the journalists in question ever actually visited them...........................
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
all very true but you can have a grand day out there on a cold sunny day late season

I know, I’m part of the “Coe crew”.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Who needs Val D'sere?

https://www.glencoemountain.co.uk/webcams/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Interesting, I have skied at number 1 and 12. Mostly ski at number 12 in the world due to location. It is very cold here in Scotland.

Could be some skiing (for me) coming up in Glencoe soon when some more lifts open. snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Bigtipper, it is open today Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Glencoe "Resort"?....I love skiing in Scotland, but I'm not sure you could call Glencoe a Resort?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@jellemr,
Glencoe Mountain - much more visceral Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The snow is Colder and the weather is much more sunny than the Alps…..today Cool
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm struggling to fit "12th best in the world" in my head at the same time as "the Cliffhanger". I like Glencoe (and I'm even quite fond of the Cliffhanger on a nice day) but I'm not sure I'd put it in the top 12 resorts I've skied in and I've not skied in that many. Glenshee has more (and more varied) skiing but doesn't have the views. Resorts that I've skied in that would rank lower than Glencoe include:

Niederau - the Lanerköpflbahn single chair (now a quad apparently) was ancient 40+ years ago and was just like the Cliffhanger without the "safety" bar add-on
    Beech Mountain, North Carolina
    Sugar Mountain, North Carolina (the next day; I think they named the resort after the snow, but the marketing people removed "Demerara" from the name).

Of course there are hundreds of tiny alpine resorts.

PS. There was nothing wrong with Niederau as a beginner/early intermediate resort, apart from the chairlift queues at Christmas/New Year. Looking at OpenSkiMap they seem to have hugely upgraded the two main lifts and at least quadrupled the uphill capacity but the pistes look largely unchanged so I suspect the queues are on the main routes down now.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy