Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Multi-trip insurance

Poster: A snowHead
For reasons I won't bore you with we need to find a new travel insurance policy. So forgive me if this has come up before (I have a suspicion it could be a revolving subject) but can anyone offer recommendations for a year round multi-trip policy that includes winter sports?

Many thanks snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ours is through direct travel and this will i hope be a link to the actual policy.....

seems ok not that we have used it for anything yet Smile

http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/products/ShowInfo.asp?Type=Premier%20World%20Wide
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try
www.fogginsure.co.uk
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SHello, we were with lloyds bank cover , but i wouldn't recommend them after the last trip. We tried to claim and we told the policy didn't cover snow mobiling despite it not being listed in their exclusion. Sad Evil or Very Mad
to cut a long story short, remember to read them small print
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowcard.co.uk were good for me
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Direct Travel for us as well
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The SCGB do ski insurance apparently Confused
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Norwich Union Direct - never had to calim for anything as yet tho'
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boredsurfin wrote:
The SCGB do ski insurance apparently Confused

I would avoid their policy at present - there have been lots of complaints about treatment of claims.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Direct Travel for me, good cover for a good price. Never had to claim though, thankfully. You could try Columbus as well, i used them for a round the world trip a while ago.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dogtag.... Good admin - unlike SCGB
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Direct Travel.

Includes insurance for off piste without guide.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gold standard is BMC.

Direct has pretty good policy.

If you're a piste only skier and ski less than 2 weeks a year there may be cheaper policies that meet your requirements.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks all for the input so far - keep it coming. Has anyone had to make a claim with any of the companies suggested?

fatbob, what I should also have mentioned is that we intend to ski both on and off piste and are likely to ski approx 4-5 weeks this coming season if we include weekends.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If you got Amex Platinum Card your covered no need to buy extra.
ski holidays
If you got Amex Platinum Card your covered no need to buy extra.
latest report
Direct Travel, but we haven't made a claim.
snow conditions
I'm with BMC at the moment. Recent claim paid promptly wih one item omitted - subesquently also paid after a phone call to them.
snow conditions
american express

slightly deerer than the average but they pay out when you need them too.

my boy broke his shoulder 6 weeks before a trip to canada. I only got back about 20% from Inghams (another reason i dont like them) but Amex paid me back the rest in full.

I also had great problems finding a company that would insure my daughter with her cp to ski. Amex will

defo worth a look but as i said they're not as cheap as you can find out there.

I've also used Dogtag but never had to claim from them
snow conditions
BMC all the way.
snow report
D G Orf wrote:

Me 2. And they looked after me OK when I had my injury.
snow report
I use Direct Travel - have claimed with them once for a broken pair of glasses.

Paid up with no problems.
snow report
Essential Travel were very accomodating on my pre-existing conditions but I haven't had to claim.
ski holidays
Quote:

D G Orf wrote:

Me 2. And they looked after me OK when I had my injury.

Me too !
snow report
Have always tended to go for Snowcard. Only had to make one claim but they dealt with it quite quickly and without any fuss.
latest report
Again, many thanks all - from the responses it would appear that the 3 front runners are:

1. Snowcard
2. BMC
3. Direct Travel

Time to get some quotes
snow report
Dogtag for me, or Direct travel or BMC if you want heavy duty cover
ski holidays
We're on our third year of annual cover with InsureandGo. Annual multi-trip worldwide cover including full skiing cover was £110 for the two of us. Had to claim earlier this year when Deb crocked her back & couldn't make a trip. Pay-out was speedy & efficient.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SHello,

Bruce Stevenson, based in edinburgh
snow report
Used snowcard now for the last 3 years.

Never had to make a claim so like all insurance you never know how good it is until you need to use it.

It does appear though that no matter who's insurance you have. If you are ski-ing in France then you would be advised to buy Carte Neige in resort.
snow report
Direct travel family policy worlwide cover, £75 year.
snow report
I had free cover under my natwest advantage premier account and they paid in full (less GP25 excess) when we had to cancel on the day of trip as my daughter was sick.
A friend uses direct line and has claimed twice in 2 years for cancelled and partially cancelled holidays. In 1st one his kids got chicken pox so they went to stay with their grand parents while the parents came skiing with us. In the second one the grandparent was ill and they had to cancel a lapland trip in its entirety. It was even more impressive that Directline paid up as his parents had paid for the holiday.
However I have no skiing injury related claims experience thank goodness and touch wood.
snow conditions
Which of the above insurers cover unguided off piste skiing as well as SCUBA diving and mountain biking?
latest report
PP, go look for yourself, but snowcard cover is modular, so it may do what you want. There is cover for off-piste without a guide, if required, at a specific level, and a whole bunch more. Different things are covered at different cover levels.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy