Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many people are in your group when you go on your ski-ing holiday?

How many people are in your group when you go on your ski-ing holiday?
7%
 7%  [ 16 ]
22%
 22%  [ 46 ]
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
12%
 12%  [ 25 ]
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
8%
 8%  [ 18 ]
7-15
22%
 22%  [ 45 ]
16-25
4%
 4%  [ 9 ]
Many
9%
 9%  [ 19 ]
Voted : 112
Total Votes : 204

Poster: A snowHead
I felt another poll coming on wink

How many people are in your group when you go on a ski-ing holiday? Is it just you? You and your family? You, your family and another family? A large group from the internet Shocked

I've randomly allowed three options...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I see lots of secret voting going one wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Everything from me + 1 daughter, through whole family, 2 or 3 families, football team (literally), to mega-multi-family group at half term: though the latter is beginning to splinter as kids grow up.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
When we started organising our group (after splitting from a group that had got too large and with too many children) we had 4-6. Last year it was 15, and this year will be about 20. I'm thinking of changing my name to Thomas Cook!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very similar to "The Cleaner"
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well our last group was about 60-70 strong Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin, Will now be known as Black Cat. If you have a Black Cat he will have one thats blacker wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hoppo, Which particular holiday? wink Laughing Laughing
There's 6 to choose from this coming season Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Actually Frosty the Snowman, it's a Black Leopard NehNeh
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin, Laughing Laughing Laughing

boredsurfin, Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Depends on whether it's a powder day or not...

Any number otherwise, but you "ain't got no friends on a powder day"!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Today must be a powder day, my eldest hates me today, even though I am downloading music for them
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David Murdoch, I was thinking more in terms of the group you travel out with / stay with rather than ski with...

boredsurfin, NehNeh NehNeh you're allowed more than one vote...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Me, and a large family know as Truro Hash House Harriers. 20 of us last time to Canazei. Next Jan. 28 to Andorra - though I've been in smaller groups.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Me, and whoever's free to come with me at the time. Girlfriends not usually asked after a few bad experiences.
ski holidays
Now that we have 3 skiing holidays per season, we have one on our own, so just 2 of us. A family/friends one at Christmas or NY so either 5 or 10, and another with just us oldies making 4. snowHead
latest report
Kramer wrote:
Me, and whoever's free to come with me at the time. Girlfriends not usually asked after a few bad experiences.

Maybe you'd have fewer bad experiences if you only took one girlfriend at a time rolling eyes
snow conditions
Typically 1 group hol a year, in the past either with a.n.other or on own and now with family - Hannah and Jane if I can persuade her.
snow report
Usually 2 families (7 or 8 peeps depending), but this year just us 4 going and I want to go again with just Mrs B (but getting groans). So maybe a boys trip.
latest report
There was 40 of us last year but that was way too many - the other times there's been 2, 18 & 22 which were all a little easier to manage!
snow conditions
I voted 1,2 many as I've been 4 (3x ski, 1x board) times altogether:-

2 x in coupledom (yawn)
1x solo
1x many (eosb)

I recomend solo or many!!
ski holidays
Kramer wrote:

After the incident with SkiBod, we can only assume it was their bad experiences not yours Toofy Grin
snow report
5 or 6 because that is the largest group suitable for off-piste but enough to dilute the cost of a guide.
ski holidays
Usually go tho the mountain with one for company - though we often meet up with a larger group - such as a SCGB holiday or rep party. This year I was looking forward to joining the Lardyjet group for the EOSB - but didn't make it. Never mind, there is always next year... if the plane can lift off. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
OK, well to be a little more serious, I often ski on my own if I'm tacking on to business trips, etc., Soph and I often nip off somewhere a deux and otherwise we're normally in a group of rapidly fluctuating dimensions (a bit like the TARDIS).
latest report
I have a core group that I normally ski with and its been pretty well stable for quite a few years now, but......
this year i will hope to hook up with a few SH's. It's just a question of getting like minded people to want to do the same things. If you go on holiday together, I'd want to ski together. And thats why women aren't invited, unless they are hot and can ski well. This rule doesn't apply to Swedes or Swiss, for some strange reason...Laughing
snow report
The group I travel with has now reduced to about 40 per trip.
It's been going for decades and has been as large as 365 for one trip to Chateau D'Oux.
It's run by one guy, a Welsh Italian named Tambini.
As there have been many thousands of people going on these trips I'm amazed that I appear to be the only one on Snowheads.
snow report
Cymru am Byth, There has been some mention of that name in the past. just looked and it was by you Embarassed
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, Raised it before in case there were any others here. I might not have recognised them because of our use of pseudonims (spelling!), but there were no other responses.
snow report
Usually 4 in group.

However I find it better to have a larger group (8 is the most we've had) or just me and Mrs JB.
snow report
Mostly just me & Mr HH.

Once a year Me, Mr HH and a gang of mates around 15 or so in total but did stretch to 25 one year!

...and soon to become a regular favourite Me, Mr HH and a gang of random strangers from the internet....roll on April 2007.
latest report
I usually go with a friend & occasionally my brother, but on the company ski trip it's a party of 24.
ski holidays
I voted for 2, 5, 6, 7-15, 16-25 and many as I've been away with groups of all those sizes - Just Mrs NBT and me once, and various other combinations of friends foriming many other trips. it's calmed down to more sensible numbers of late as poeple have begun to settle down and have kids Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy