Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you get constipation when on a skiing trip?

Poster: A snowHead
cathy wrote:
And Austrian toilets, whilst we're on the subject - what are they all about?? A nice little shelf where it can all drop onto for you to examine after at your leisure? Shocked

I understand that their popularity stems from an epidemic of some ghastly gastric disorder in southern Germany a hundred, two hundred, whatever years ago. The populace wished to be able to see if they were - ahem - passing blood, hence the little shelf. I'm all in favour; it's good to be able to admire one's creation.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kramer, fondue royale? Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
richmond, Laughing Laughing
Quote:

it's good to be able to admire one's creation.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Charlatanefc, ask Sharkymark!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
this seems a very popular thread, could it be Snowheads have a fondness for talking ****? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Eeyore, guilty as charged m'lady Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used to have that problem, but it soon passed.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat, Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear The Fox Hat, wink Welcome Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, wink Welcome Very Happy snowHead

Thanks.

Now, can someone give me a summary of what I've missed - I mean, I'm sure nothing much has happened in a couple of months...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
I used to have that problem, but it soon passed.

...unlike the constipated mathematician...

he worked it out with a pencil.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Now, can someone give me a summary of what I've missed

Errr no Very Happy Whats done is done. "Suggestions and Requests" are could be a start point though
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wahey, a wanderer returns, where have you been all this time? Let me guess, you were washing your hair.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FenlandSkier, no, I was finding it. Once I found it, the washing only took a second or two.
I was in Geneve, Chamonix, Annecy, and a few other places...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat, Hi sunshine, just to bring you up to speed, I've been voted MMMM (Most Mellow Mature Member) for several weeks running wink
ski holidays
Masque, congratulations. I was winning various awards elsewhere.

I believe a drink should be on the cards soon. What say you?
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, You've missed one a couple of weeks ago!
Are you back here now or in The Alsace at the mo?
snow conditions
boredsurfin, UK this weekend, but not the next.
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, I think the next lunchtime drink is probably coming together in August are you here or there then?
latest report
boredsurfin, not in UK through the week until probably May 2008.
snow conditions
How about one in Calais? A day ticket for us peeps a bit of cheese shopping and a froggy beer.
ski holidays
Masque, I don't want to go there! It's full of rosbeef, and the guys that shop there buy the over-priced low quality tat that the rest of France won't touch. (well apart from chalet owners)

I live in the capital of French beer. The cheese round Alsace isn't half bad either.
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, Well bring a crate of it and we'll have a picnic on Dunkerque beach. (what's this to do with constipation? . . . well I have some drain tales of my own wink to tell over a leisurely lunch )
snow conditions
Quote:
And Austrian toilets, whilst we're on the subject - what are they all about?? A nice little shelf where it can all drop onto for you to examine after at your leisure?

Ah, the inspection tray, every time I have been to Austria/Germany they have provided many an hour of conversation.
latest report
hels_t, they have them in Holland too.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, definitely in all the nations where they like talking bodily functions. Gtreat for checking your stools and all that but I think you get a bit more of an aroma as its not underwater!
snow report
FenlandSkier wrote:
Ray Zorro wrote:
cathy wrote:
And Austrian toilets, whilst we're on the subject - what are they all about?? A nice little shelf where it can all drop onto for you to examine after at your leisure? Shocked
Yes, I have noticed that too, and then more often than not the water pressure when you flush isn't powerful enough to clear the shelf, so just as you are about to leave the room you notice that your doings are still there smiling sweetly staring up at you rolling eyes

Technique is king, beginners should start with a gentle body movement that leaves the aforementioned jobbie across the shelf, that way it gets a full broadside so gets washed away. Advanced jobbers can move onto more technical shapes like circles and spirals.
Very Happy ....
the austrian toilet is also perfectly designed for the 'tour booby trap' .. its bad enough getting ambushed by one when its submerged..
ski holidays
Quote:

...unlike the constipated mathematician...

he worked it out with a pencil.

Wear The Fox Hat, nice to hear from you again...
I thought that the constipated mathematician worked it out in logs.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I do not have problem up the mountains it is out at sea that is my big problem, last year Cowes to Plymouth via the Fastnet nothing! and a few years ago all the way to Cadiz from the UK again nothing! Next years Fastnet plenty of dried Prunes and apricots!!
ski holidays
Nick L wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, nice to hear from you again...
I thought that the constipated mathematician worked it out in logs.

Shocked

If you've read "One big damn puzzler", it has some interesting comments on that...

Oh, and thanks. Good to be back, I think.
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, no I haven't read it. Is it like one of those books of word searches etc. that I see people doing in my waiting room? wink
snow conditions
Nick L, haha, no. It's about an island race where one man is trying to translate Hamlet into their local tongue, and "one big damn puzzler" is the best he comes up with for "that is the question"...
snow report
What a topic. snowHead have graduated to the depths of medical revue humour.

Now you mention it similar probs on a mountainbiking holiday. Nothing like a pint of cloudy barrel end beer to sort the problem out....
ski holidays
Martin Nicholas wrote:
What a topic. snowHead have graduated to the depths of medical revue humour.

Yeah, we're slowly climbing the quality stakes.
Next week we're discussing jumping and bladder control (and kegels will get a mention)
latest report
And Austrian toilets, whilst we're on the subject - what are they all about?? A nice little shelf where it can all drop onto for you to examine after at your leisure?

Part of the technique is to ensure that you lay down a paper sledge before laying the offending jobbie. This allows everything to slide gracefully edge never to be heard from again.
snow report
Anyone else visited the Kykko monastery on Cyprus? I believe it may have been updated but when I visited several years ago, the loos were of the 'hole-in-the-ground' type but were suspensed over a vertical drop of several hundred feet Shocked That was enough to make the strongest of legs wobble.
snow conditions
Red Leon, Is that the one that was in the Johnny English film?
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Don't know - sorry. I'll have a google....
ski holidays
boredsurfin, I can only find references to film locations in England & Monaco so I doubt any of it was filmed at Kykko
snow report
ah, just wondered Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy