Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot flex is just marketing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The boot offers 130nm of average resistance when moving through a stroke of 15° at 23°C when the test is taken 30,000 times and the average is observed. In order to sale the boot, if the boot offers between 126 and 135 NM restistence then we'll call it a 130, shops would have huge problems selling, 130,131,132,133 etc so to save shops chatting over this subject for hours, we'll just say it's not standard and save everyone the nonsense.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a whole bunch of closure settings and Fill settings for how the boot volume is controlled before the flex tests can be done also.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK. That's nice and simple and not at all what you were describing earlier.

It's hard to reconcile that with the chart in the atomic video but we don't know what temperature that was at so it's not really a valid data point.

Quote:

we'll just say it's not standard and save everyone the nonsense.

Agreed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

There's a whole bunch of closure settings and Fill settings for how the boot volume is controlled before the flex tests can be done also.

That makes sense.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dude i've done 3 products now, concept to production, flex was a small but important factor, I spent my time there understanding it, but not working with it, we did concept, ski/walk systems. Flex was a big part of that transition, we're there now.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My middle name is pedantic & NM is a unit measure of torque, not force.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gordyjh wrote:
My middle name is pedantic & NM is a unit measure of torque, not force.

Speaking of pedantic, isn’t it Nm.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1 Newton meter is equal to the torque resulting from a force of one newton applied perpendicularly to a one meter long lever arm.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
^ What he said.

Torque is just rotational force about an axis.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
olderscot wrote:
^ What he said.

Torque is just rotational force about an axis.

It's the product of the force and the distance from the axis. So a short fat lad might apply the same torque to the boot as a tall thin lad.

As the guy in the boot shop in Selva fat-shamed me " I think you take the 130s. OK, I don't make a joke but you don't weight 70kilos!"
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@CH2O, Newtons dear boy, Newtons, titter
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy