Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Motorhomes holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

Anyone done an extended snow holiday living in a motorhome in canada?? if so how was it living and cash wise ??

Cheers

*_* ANTH *_*
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
acidanth, You must be mad...

Never having done it, here are my presumptions: cold, very cold and just downright freezing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lol ... quite possible! but it could also be pretty krazy fun Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
acidanth, certainly, with a well insulated van, a heater and decent places to camp, might be fine. I know lots of Italians winter holiday in the alps in motor homes. Got to be cheaper than hotels...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yeh that was my thought... but looks like $60+ aday from what I've seen initialy. Was hoping someone here may be able to shed some light or snow on the situ rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
acidanth, if he doesn't drop by soon, PM Masque - he may not have done that particular type of trip, but he's been researching (for about 18 months rolling eyes ) doing a season in a motorhome in the Alps. I suspect there's very little about motorhomes he's not at least read up on by now, even if you yet experienced in the frostbite Wink .
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not done it, but have definitely considered it. There are RV parks at most of the ski resorts we have been at in Canada, and there are always a few in them. I think as long as you have an electrical hookup, decent insulation and a good heater then I think it would be fine. We have been in our motorhome in the UK over Christmas and New Year when it has been in the minus temperatures and been fine with a decent heater.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have spent a few weeks in Garmisch during the ski season in a caravan, I know its not the highest resort (top of my head - can't think - well under 1000m i think). As long as you don't mind a bit of cold, it's good fun, character-building stuff, esp when your dad gets too cheap with the gas to actually turn on the heater.

Our van was quite big too - 4 people in a large 5-berth and I'm sure if conditions are a bit cosier it would be even warmer. Def a cheaper way to do it.

http://www.natives.co.uk/skijobs/descrip/skibum.htm wink
http://www.natives.co.uk/features/kombi.htm
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know someone who did this in summer and had a ball. But he saw BEARS a lot - I should think that if you see them in winter they'd be quite hungry.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have not done Canada but spent 5 months touring the Alps in a motorhome. As long as you are well prepared and the van is fully winterised then you shouldn't have any problems. I can't say it was too cold at all although you should always expect sub-zero temperatures in the van at night if you don't keep some kind of heating on. I just relied on a good duvet snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
acidanth, Choose your RV very VERY carefully if you're buying, lots do NOT have heated tanks, double glazing, double floors or heated storage (most are built for summer use and have enough A/C for a butcher's freezer). There are loads of RV parks near the resorts but not all are on the bus routes and not all have winter services (showers, toilet dump, water, laundry etc.) and lots of people have a 4x4 'toad' to get around with.

A 4-Season 5th. wheeler might be your better bet, look up Glendale Titanium for one of the best to use in winter but you will need a BIG 4x4 to pull one, Ford F350 for example.

And yes, way too much research rolling eyes but bloody glad I did it, there are lots of diferences to European touring and looking after the bus services. Are you thinking of bringing it back to europe?

I've a bunch of links if you want more info, PM me.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy