Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap AND good skiing, possible?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As others have said there's always plenty of low cost resorts if you can book late - but not everyone can.

Assuming a late deal is not an option my recommendation would be Val Cenis for low cost but great skiing. It's not that extensive but a dirt cheap local bus ride takes you to at least three local resorts that are great for a day at each. The pistes of Val Cenis & the other local resorts were very quiet when we were there in March this year. For someone just getting into off piste skiing it's ideal as nobody skis off-piste ( Shocked) & the tuition/guiding is also cheap. There's also some great tree skiing to be had. We were there with Crystal but I skied with srobbo & his buddies who were all on a Snowcoach package that really was excellent.

Note to srobbo & co, sorry for plugging your resort as I know you guys think it's the best kept secret Embarassed.

I'll also put in a vote for La Rosiere (& Traxvax). We had a great end of season week there in 05 & whilst the snow was great in La Rosiere it was crap over in La Thuille. Like Val Cenis the off-piste is superb for a powder newby & the tuition/guiding from both Evo2 & ESF is excellent & inexpensive. I get the feeling that La Rosiere was the 'best kept secret' a few years ago bit I believe some of the larger tour companies are expanding their operations in the resort(?).

If I had to choose between the two I'd say Val Cenis offers more variety & is probably a tad cheaper. But then again if you value your food & wine as much as your skiing then Traxvax is the place to go wink.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
have a look at the Solutions Room on chaletsdirect.com

lots ok UK chalet owners around Morzine, which will offer good varied skiing for your group, avoids the Snowheads pimpers too.

Get your flights booked first, make sure it's an off peak week, mid January usually has good snow in that area, prices are best then too. Leave it until about a month before you go then see what the Solutions room throws up, prices comprable to the La Rosiere chalet mentioned above are quite common.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
masmith, you just attract Morzine 'pimpers'on there though, even when posters ask for other resorts. I won't be renewing my listing on there for that reason. Some guy looking for accommodation in Alpe d'Huez for after his triathlon was offered a chalet in Morzine, and so were a family with a flight booked to Salzburg. It has to be the worst place for 'pimping' ever!!!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont, I know I find that very irritating, in fact have stopped looking on there myself for 'planned' holidays, would only use it to grab last minute bargains.

In fact just looked now, there's a thread titled "Looking for Xmas Accommodation in Austria" ... 3 responses so far, all from French chalets !! Aaaagh!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
masmith, yep, very frustrating, and La Ros keeps creeping up there too. As an advertiser it is easy to get sucked in and do the same, although I try not to. Someone looking for Zermatt has been offered the same.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
Someone looking for Zermatt has been offered the same.

... that could have been me !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll not suggest serre chevalier then, honest!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy