Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Usually go to Tignes before Xmas, am considering la rosiere w/c 16th Dec….. two kids of 8 & 11, who can get down anything……. Risky that early in season? or should I stick with the extra height of espace Killy?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bit of a roll of the dice anywhere that early. I love la rosiere but I'd probably go for the security of Tignes or wait for the snow to come and book somewhere late.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ajc2260626, two very different ski areas , If you can’t get to La Thuille/ Italian side I think you will feel very underwealmed . .
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Rob Mackley, hmm, skiing wise I enjoyed the FR side much more - some nice reads, more challenging from the top lift and if you run all the way to two seater at the very bottom is very nice and is a good challenge fitness wise. My early intermediot brother rated it very high last January on his first ever visit to the area

Last January snow on IT side were crap so skied the whole week the FR side and dis not get bored. Helped by the best European pow conditions in 20y. IT side was dry and very windy on two days we crossed and went straight back
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mooney058, yes some like La Rosiere very much I personally use it very often, house in Sainte Foy , each season to access heliskiing or skiing/lunch in italy ,I’m not keen on the French side the two new lifts have improved it with a couple of good runs off the top but with that the extra beds built have made it v busy in high season but I do find the La Rosiere side very samey . Early season the snow can be very different either side of the border with marked different conditions either side . Good one side poor the other .

Comparing the skiing between Tignes and La Rosiere there is only one choice La Rosiere doesn’t compare even with La Thuille thrown in . The 16th Dec is very early and it takes a while for a ski area to open up the chances are that by % more of Tignes will be open as they start earlier and the whole are higher .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Rob Mackley, true, was very surprised to find it super busy on January.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mooney058, Yes the cost of new lifts are new beds, huge club med and several new apt hotels/blocks but all it’s done is added large numbers to the original area with the new lifts being an expert area still sparse , a couple of times in March it was so busy I couldn’t wait to get to the pasta and pizza side
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy