Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying ski boots in Italy (Milan or Cervinia)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I'm heading to Italy next winter all the way from South America to ski in Cervinia/Zermatt. I'd say I'm an intermediate/advanced skier, but I've never owned ski boots and can't handle renting them anymore. So, I'm planning to buy a new pair of boots before hitting the slopes. I'll be spending a couple of days in Milan before heading to Cervinia, and I'm wondering which city is the better choice for buying them. My main goal is to get a great boot fitting, and the option to make adjustments during the trip would be a bonus. I'm assuming both cities have good boot fitters, so it might come down to price.

Also, if you have any recommendations for stores or boot fitters, I'd greatly appreciate it!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if you need a tweak and adjustment throughout the trip best to buy in cervinia.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My guess would be Cervinia? Unless you’re sleeping in Zermatt, in which case …
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@satibr, the first question is when are you going to be there? if late in the season then it might be an issue with stock if you have anything other than standard feet...... these guys https://contiskibootservice.it/ are in Milan and are probably one of the 2 best boot fitters in Italy (the others being Fede who are based in the dolomites) there is always the if you need it tweaked argument, but equally you are only there for one trip and won't be back so less of an issue with that as such, if you buy in london /new york / paris / milan or wherever and you need the boot tweaked you need the boot tweaked, i can see the point if you are going to be in a resort all season
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM wrote:
@satibr, the first question is when are you going to be there? if late in the season then it might be an issue with stock if you have anything other than standard feet...... these guys https://contiskibootservice.it/ are in Milan and are probably one of the 2 best boot fitters in Italy (the others being Fede who are based in the dolomites) there is always the if you need it tweaked argument, but equally you are only there for one trip and won't be back so less of an issue with that as such, if you buy in london /new york / paris / milan or wherever and you need the boot tweaked you need the boot tweaked, i can see the point if you are going to be in a resort all season

I'll be there late season, probably march. Agree with your point, maybe tweaking it in a week trip might not be the factor. I will also come back to Milan after the ski week, so I could visit the store once again if needed.

Do you know how pricy these guys are? I really want a good boot fit, but also don't ski that often, so price is also factor.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another thought on my mind right now: buying ski boots in Milan (or perhaps Turin) could also mean an extra half day on the slopes since I'd have them ready upon arriving in Cervinia. If any of you can suggest places with both good boot fitters and reasonable prices in Milan, I'd greatly appreciate your advice!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@satibr, follow @CEM's advice - he knows what he's talking about!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
satibr wrote:
CEM wrote:

I'll be there late season, probably march. Agree with your point, maybe tweaking it in a week trip might not be the factor. I will also come back to Milan after the ski week, so I could visit the store once again if needed.

Do you know how pricy these guys are? I really want a good boot fit, but also don't ski that often, so price is also factor.

you asked for a really good boot fitter not a cheap boot fitter, you will struggle to find a really good cheap anything these days.... this is an investment that you will be using for the next 5-10 years plus (depending on how much you are skiing) you will be amazed how few boot fitters there are compared to places that sell ski boots

now , if you have standard feet no lumps and bumps and fit well into the middle of the size curve of the particular model then great, but as soon as you are between sizes, have one foot that collapses a little more than the other or some other biomechanical limitation then that is when the boot fitter rather than boot seller is needed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Buy = Milan
Adjust = Cervinia
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy