Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tips how to bring my family (on budget) as a seasonaire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So last winter I was working as a chalet host in 3V and I'm going to repeat that upcoming season but for a different company. I always want to show my parents the Alps in the season but they can't afford that (as I mentioned I was a seasonaire so as u are probably assuming I'm not rich too Eh oh! for cover that trip for my parents). I can pay for they flights etc but the highest cost is accomodation. As I saw the few company chalets was completely empty for a week or longer specially at the end of a season. Do u think if any company would be agree to host my parents for a few days for a little compensation when any of chalets would be empty or zero chances for that? Or maybe do u have any other ideas how to host my family during working season for a week? My previous accomodation was in shared apartment -( so it's not a solution)or I can choose stay in special room in a chalet.
I hope that's a not a idiot's question, I just want to share that beauty of the Alps with my parents however I'm not in position to cover all of that... Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good on you.
If the chalet option doesn't work there can be very good deals on Airbnb and the like for the end of season which just may be the best time to bring them anyway - sunshine and great views. I took a quick look and a self contained apartment can be had for well less than 500 gbp for the week. Good luck.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Best bet is to get in well with your resort manager and see if your folks can stay in a empty chalet in cleaning week at the end of the season. I guess official concerns would be around insurance etc so probably better if the RM is quitting anyway so wouldn't care about risk of being fired. Or ask the company I guess.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mnich,
Does your employer not do discount for the family of staff?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
of course they will. Ask the gondola booth nicely & they will throw in a lift pass. If they want to try skiing, then there are plenty of skis laying around outside of pubs/bars at lunchtime. Sometimes outside supermarkets in the morning, but need to be the early worm for that.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@mnich, firstly - you’re a top person for wanting to take your parents.

Do you know which resort you’d be in? I’d second Airbnb - late season its very low prices.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gored, who pissed in your porridge? Get out the other side of bed. No need for being so snide.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks to everyone for answers.
@Nadenoodlee, 3 Valleys, Courchevel

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 14-07-23 8:34; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hmm. V expensive spot but a small place down in the valley should be affordable and cooking for themselves won't cost more than at home if they bring a few clever things with them.

Book flights as soon as possible, out on Monday/ Tuesday and back before Saturday. Or might they be up for a bit of a road trip and drive themselves?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@mnich, nice plan Happy

I did my seasons with a small company and they were very happs for family to coome out in otherwise empty weeks, although it was always quite last minute. Bigger companies might not be so amenable.

But you can always ask!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
Hmm. V expensive spot but a small place down in the valley should be affordable and cooking for themselves won't cost more than at home if they bring a few clever things with them.

Book flights as soon as possible, out on Monday/ Tuesday and back before Saturday. Or might they be up for a bit of a road trip and drive themselves?

Arriving and leaving mid week could make for some very expensive transfers.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mnich, would your family be prepared to help with start/end of season cleaning in exchange for lodging?

I've done a few end of season chalet weeks, and by then most companies are short staffed as they've fired half the staff, and they're really struggling to sort out the cleaning weeks.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Transfer for short period might be most economical with hired car for a few days
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mnich wrote:
as I mentioned I was a seasonaire so as u are probably assuming I'm not rich too

I doubt anybody would have assumed you *weren't* rich, actually. snowHead

Recruitment for ski chalet jobs:
http://youtube.com/v/0pWMIrmv2k4
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@James the Last, classic Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy