Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Megeve in August

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone has been / lives in Megeve during the summer? We are off to Megeve second week of August and just noticed that our apartment doesnt have AC (shock horror I know! Laughing )

While still 3 weeks out, the general weather forcast isnt too great with lots of rain and thunderstorms but still high temps each day - does it tend to cool down a lot in the evenings or are we in for an uncomfortable sticky time? Laughing Laughing

Il just go and sleep in the pool and pray i dont drown if so...fingers crossed!

Any restaurant bar recommendations from those familiar with Megeve and surrounding areas would be most welcome. We have two children with us (age 8 and 4) so wont be going mad partying but quite like a bit of child friendly live music/dj's if
such a thing exists in the area?

We are planning on visiting a few lakes in the area for swimming - biotope in combloux, lake annecy and geneva etc but if anyone can recommend any other lakes/swimming areas that would be great - as well as any other cool activities to try?

Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It’s going to be hot but luckily the mountains give you some shade.
Download the megeve app , the major office will give you calendar of events.
The bio pool is nice but very busy with queues to get in.
Lac Passy is good if you have a car, swimming and inflatable courses.
The big public pool is also very nice.

Just bring lots of money, Megeve ain’t cheap.
Saint Gervais worth a visit & you could get the tram way Mont Blanc up to glacier which is quite cool literally.
If you’re feeling adventurous, drive to Chamonix (30) minutes or get train & go up aqua de medi (4000 meters)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Combloux, just down the road, is a very pleasant village, cheaper than Megeve, with lovely views of Mont Blanc and a superb outdoor "biotope" pool. It was not scheduled to be open for a few weeks after I was there in May and I have no idea how busy it gets in summer - very, quite possibly. I have stayed in quite a few mountain places in the French Alps - air conditioning is very unusual. If I were driving down and it was likely to be hot, I'd take a desk fan. Use shutters to keep the sun out.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys. We go to Chamonix/Les Houches often in the winter for skiing but never been in the summer. We have a hire car so will be driving around different lakes. Were also planning a trip to Geneva for some shopping and swimming in Lake Geneva at Bains Des Paquis. Most of all im just looking forward to switching the work phone off NehNeh
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy