Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

unaccompanied minors?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone out there help me with getting an unaccompanied minor from Cornwall to Geneva, 30th December? Ideally (to save me having to travel a big chunk of the journey with him) I'd like a flight from Exeter/Bristol/Cardiff on an airline which takes the little darlings on their own ... BA do, but their flight from Bristol goes (mysteriously) via Glasgow, so arriving in Geneva too late ... at present it's looking as though I'll have to fork out for 3 flights from Newquay to Gatwick, (2 of us there, 1 of me back) - oh joy! All ideas gratefully received ...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FedEx?

Sorry - couldn't resist.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
poma, how old ? the lower age limits vary from carrier to carrier [i think Puzzled ]
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What is the airlines definition of "accompanying"? I seem to remember on an Easyjet programme an incident where a teenager didn't have an accompanying adult. A lady in the queue offered to help but the airline wouldn't accept this situation and were very wary of letting a stranger assume responsibilty for the young girl.

I'm flying from Cardiff to Geneva on December 30th with BMI baby so PM me if you want.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hywel, once you read my comments on the phone thread you might want to retract that kind offer!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
poma, Back of a coal wagon? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Easy Jet has flights out of Bristol to Geneva on the 31st December but unacompanied children cannot travel if they are under fourteen
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My kids regularly flew as unaccompanied minors (ums, as they're known) from the age of about five to stay with my Mum during the summer holidays in Spain. From what I remember (they're 19 & nearly 21 now) the minimum age for solus travel is fourteen as riverman says.

The problem is that the budget airlines &/or regional airports have so few staff available to actually mind the kids - we've all experienced seeing same person checks you in, is then at the boarding gate & then flies the plane etc. This means that you usually have to use scheduled flights from a 'major' airline or fly from an airline's base airport. For example, at the time Monarch Crown flew from Birmingham to Alicante but they couldn't take ums due to lack of staff in B'ham but they would take ums to Alicante from Luton which was their base/HQ airport were staffing levels made it possible. It could therefore prove difficult flying out of Exeter, Bristol or Cardiff etc.

One thing to note is that for short haul flights the airline will usually insist that the person who takes the child/children to the airport has to stay in the airport after take-off for an hour (ie the point/time of no return) incase the plane has to return to the airport in an emergency.

BTW, my kids thought travelling by themselves was terrific.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy