Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quandary about next season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Much as the bashes suit a billy no ski mates, they didn't work too well for me this season.
Looking for something less disruptive to my work schedule (self employed)

Possibly first 2 weeks in Jan and/or later in March
A mix of advanced piste & offpiste, short boot packs/guiding but no touring/skinning.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you can make it to the end of Jan you could checking out HOFNAR's off piste weeks (https://www.hofnar.com - though leave it a couple of weeks as it looks like they are still in the middle of updating the winter side for 23/24).

The last few years they've run a 'beginners' off piste week the last full week in Jan/an 'advanced' off piste one the week after, so __probably__ 20th to 27th for the former and 27th to 3rd for the latter. c. £1,100 for accomodation/breakfast, snacks, and 5 evening meals/4 or 4.5 guided days. There's often not much difference between the weeks but it's down to the skills of everyone on the trip. If everyone's competent they are much the same but while the beginners week might split into higher/lower groups if some are finding it too challenging (i.e. __aren't__ actually comfortable on black pistes) you might find yourself, politely invited ski with non-Off Piste week guests on the advanced one.

The guides are really good though, finding untracked, wind blown gullies weeks after the last snow (for me to stack my 4th turn and ragdoll down) in '22 and being spoilt for choice this year (as it snowed the Thurs of the week before - more or less for the first time since mid-Dec!).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mjit,
End of jan is no good, my jobs are typically 1 - 2 weeks long & can't be left while I go away skiing for a week or two so it is better for me to have one or two big blocks of time off rather than numerous shorter breaks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dare I suggest Ski Club of Great Britain weeks? Had a brilliant week around Zell am See in January with a whole load of no mates!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snoworks have courses in St Anton & Tignes from 8th January for two weeks. Need to book a B&B or studio though. Note the course fees are getting very high like everything.

In St Anton they use https://www.skischule-arlberg.com/en/offer/ski-courses/ as local guides on alternative days. I believe you can book a week with them for off-piste too.

I have booked cheap accommodation in Tignes and used ESF for off-piste. I find you do not get much feedback if you are a better skier so the more 'follow me' approach of ESF is fine and cheaper than using SHs.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think I'm more inclined to go with a small group of like minded snowHead that will take on almost anything but like to mix it up a bit, the BB is great for piste carving but not much else, the offpiste has usually been very poor. I really like the piste skiing in Serre Chevalier that has a good variety from carvy blues & reds to mogulled blacks.

The sopib has been enjoyable but it's getting to be expected that you have touring equipment & go skinning which isn't for me. I'm also hankering to get back on piste to do some carving by early afternoon. Very Happy

Ideal trip would be 4-6 people going somewhere like 3v, Killy, Paradiski, doing some diy offpiste & piste & hire a guide for a couple of days of more adventurous, lift served offpiste.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have you thought of UCPA - they're pretty good for Billy goes skiing.
From the one in Argentiere you'd have access to plenty of great terrain at the head of the Cham valley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy