Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2023-24

Poster: A snowHead
It is that time of year where we say goodbye to last season and hello Summer and the next. This is the Forum for all matters Ski Amade for '23-'24 and we look forward to old and new questions from you all.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@RedandWhiteFlachau, Hi, I'm thinking of taking my wife and son to visit Flachau around the end of June, probably a long weekend trip. What's the best way to book accomodations? I'm planning to fly to Salzburg and take the train from there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@luanb, tourist information, or Google and book direct rather than booking.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Give us an idea what you what you are looking for, or places you are thinking of and we can give a view

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 9-05-23 7:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@holidayloverxx, Thanks, I will have a look on the tourist sites.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@luanb, I do discounts for Snowheads. Just PM me on here with your request and save booking fees. Details of apartments on our Airbnb link. https://airbnb.com/h/wagrain-apartment.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@RedandWhiteFlachau, Thank you, I'll forward it to the rest of the family.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@RedandWhiteFlachau, you've got a full stop at the end of your link so it doesn't work
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@RedandWhiteFlachau, you've got a full stop at the end of your link so it doesn't work

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@luanb, @holidayloverxx, https://airbnb.com/h/wagrain-apartment
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bummer, my plan has been veto by the rest of the family, they want a beach holiday this year. Apparently the 2 ski trips already this year are too much mountains, I didn't get it but had to bow to their wills. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All booked with a group of 11 (for now) to Flachau in Jan 24! Can't wait. Tempted to sort transfers but its probably a touch early/ unnecessary. Will keep watching this thread to dive in on early bird lift passes when they go on sale
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@toyah807, you can book the transfer a couple of weeks before. Neutouristik shared transfer
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@toyah807, my friends and I applied for the free My Ski Amade Friends card for our trip this year and then 'charged' the card with a lift pass when they started selling the lift passes, which increase in price over time.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Jagerbull, there is early bird then full price and that's all..at least in previous years
I have the my friends card.
snow report
@holidayloverxx, last season it went up incrementally as far as I could see. One of my group paid slightly more than the rest of us, but not full price.
This page seems to confirm the discount reduces over time

https://support.skiamade.com/hc/en-gb/articles/6356882244381-Do-I-have-to-book-in-advance-to-benefit
snow conditions
@Jagerbull, ok, I've never taken it to the wire
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, maybe it's a new thing also. On another page they say they have quotas per price band and, as demand increases, the price will increase more quickly as the quotas run out per band.
ski holidays
Thanks both. We will book as soon as we know lift passes are on sale, sure it will be mentioned on this thread.
ski holidays
@toyah807, Let me know if you want to book any lessons! Very Happy
snow conditions
@RedandWhiteFlachau, will do
snow conditions
Hi all

I’ve been very indecisive about where to go this year skiing, so have missed several well priced deals. Happened to browse the crystal website this morning and they’ve got some good prices for Christmas week so I’m looking at a hotel in Bad Hofgastein, which includes free access to the spa there - good for my husband who likes to stop skiing early) or a hotel in Schladming.

Myself and 11 year old son happy on reds, husband more nervous. Obvs snow anywhere is a risk these days, particularly that early, but any views on which might suit us better?

Thanks!
snow conditions
Both are good for reds with difficult returns to base. For blues though I think Schladming is better - the Rohrmoos plateaux is great (very gentle, pretty and fairly big area with nice rest stops) - its a proper town and there are day spas in some hotels you could access.

Some would find BHof slightly tiresome if sticking only to blues - bitty and not completely easy to get off the mountain even at mid-station - but the town is a delight.

For both you will probably need to get the bus to lift and back (specially to go up the Rohrmoos/Reiteralm side).
ski holidays
Right, Schladming booked for Christmas week! It was about £1500 less than I was expecting to have to pay this year so I can go in with low expectations which hopefully can only be exceeded!
ski holidays
@Lozza1uk, you will love Hauser Kaibling and the whole series of mountains from Schladming. Everything crossed for a good winter
latest report
I've got a bit of a quandary for booking Flachau... I've got two good priced options between Fereinhaus Ennsblick and appartments Fischbacher. Now the latter appears, on pictures at least, to be a nicer looking place but I'm a little concerned it's a hefty walk in the morning. Do any snowHead on here know much about either of the locations?
snow conditions
@itsLiamFleming, the shuttle bus is only a few metres away from Fischbacher
latest report
@itsLiamFleming, Both are very close to the Ski Bus stops (<50m) but the Ennsblick is closer to The Hofstadl (for Apres), Ema's Bar and Oncle Jacks (for later drinks), the Bakery and the Spar Supermarket. Depends on your prioritites. No preference for either, the rooms are better at the Fischbacher but I've always liked the look of the Ennsblick.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll be in Wagrain mid january. Are there any ski schools/coaches/guides that run high level or off piste public groups in Wagrain, Flachau, Zauchensee? I ski at a good level (passed the Anwarter course and test with ease) but have limited experience off-piste (had a week off piste with UCPA and a few one days over the years). My friends are not skiing at a level that we could book a guide together, so looking to maybe go with a group one or 2 days
snow conditions
@Listening, You can book Off-Piste sessions with any of the Ski Schools but they would be "Private" Lessons so not cheap. Alternatively, If I'm not working and the conditions are good, I'll take you out for the cost of a decent lunch and a couple of Apres Beers! PM me nearer the time.
snow conditions
@RedandWhiteFlachau, will do! Cheers
snow report
best bet for snow condtions 2nd week of April? ill be in Obertaurn the 1st week
ski holidays
@Mother hucker, best hope its Obertauern then Laughing
snow report
@holidayloverxx, id like to move on from there after a week, we could do Ischgl but id like to stay east and use the super card
ski holidays
@Mother hucker, what will be open apart from Schladming, Zauchensee, flachau/wagrain areas? For the final week you could wait till you are there to book somewhere
ski holidays
@Mother hucker, Bad and Sport Gastein might be an option too.
latest report
@RedandWhiteFlachau, closes 7th April
latest report
Me and her spent a fortnight in Schladming in December. A great base even if you want to go elsewhere.

Of course, you get more out of it with some German. But it is a fabulous part of the world.
ski holidays
@PrimroseAndBlue, never needed more than a few words of German..if that.. in more than 10 years going to schladming...what am I missing?
snow report
PrimroseAndBlue wrote:
Me and her spent a fortnight in Schladming in December. A great base even if you want to go elsewhere.

Of course, you get more out of it with some German. But it is a fabulous part of the world.

warum denkst du ich speche kein duetch? i bin nicht perfekt aber ich versuche
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy