Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens closing weekend anybody?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi just looking at booking last minute trip out to VT end next week. Land Geneva Thursday late am hire car up to resort and rent apartment, fly out Sunday late afternoon. Anybody want a lift or to share digs? 50 year old male, canny skier, enjoys apres and reasonable craic! Or just to meet up with like minded folk out in resort for skiing or beers get in touch!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Potentially interested. Tempted to return late on Monday?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1430 is latest flight from Geneva back to Edinburgh for me on the Monday?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.valthorens.com/en/webcam/livecam-station Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think the forecast is very bad for next weekend, something to check out.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ricky B wrote:

Looks busy, great to see so many out late in the season. Is it rain or snow? Looks like snow from the roofs but wet in general?

How come Monday is the final day, its not a bank holiday in France I assume (I assume that's today?). Will it be full service on the Monday or lifts finishing early for a party?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof wrote:

Where are you looking? Everything I've seen seems to suggest good on Fri/Sat, bit more variable on Sun.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
8611 wrote:
Ricky B wrote:

How come Monday is the final day, its not a bank holiday in France I assume (I assume that's today?). Will it be full service on the Monday or lifts finishing early for a party?

Why do you assume?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
8611 wrote:

It’s the VE day holiday.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof wrote:

Yeah I’ve been constantly checking VT forecast and it’s looking crazy wet and warm later this week. Looks like it’s an itch that’s gonna have to go unscratched till Nov!! Eh oh!
Should have been out 2 weeks ago, but then I’d only been back from ADH 2 weeks previously… wonder if the doctor can give me something for this affliction!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jmr59 wrote:
davidof wrote:

Where are you looking? Everything I've seen seems to suggest good on Fri/Sat, bit more variable on Sun.

it is a bit over the place at the moment, unsettled. Maybe Saturday will be ok now.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jmr59, ah! And was today a bank holiday too?

@Papapete, hintertux has a lot open and could be skiing well for a bit yet
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Think Val d isere looks more favourable and bit less money than VT at minute. Think Sat is the last day there tho. Early flight out Thursday maybe a few hours skiing in afternoon then big days Friday and Saturday home Sunday morning! Itch scratched and no too much time away from the coalface!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
8611 wrote:
@jmr59, ah! And was today a bank holiday too?

@Papapete, hintertux has a lot open and could be skiing well for a bit yet

To be fair Austria would be my 1st choice but flights from local airports aren’t great for us. We’ve 2 flights per day to Geneva from Edinburgh and couple per week to Lyon.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy