Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

hotels in val gardena

Poster: A snowHead
I know nothing about Milky Way or indeed Val Gardena but think it is about time we give it a go .
Can anyone recommend any hotels that are centrally/conveniently placed and suitable for a group of 50 something year old blokes who like a few beers a decent meal and a good nights sleep without too far to get to the lifts next morning.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm -- Milky Way is near the Italian French border ; Val Gardena is near the Italian/Austrian border !!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@gwatts10, Hotel Aaritz in Selva is right across the road from the Ciampinoi gondola. Can't get much closer than that. Never stayed but it looked good; pool, spa etc.. Along the road (5mins in ski boots) is Hotel Oswald.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Selva -- Stella ; Laurin ; Linder ; Serena ; Tyrol ; Alaska ; Continental are all a few steps from a Lift (there are others..!)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've stayed at the hotel Armin in Selva, very good food. A few minutes walk to the Ciampinoi gondola, or the hotel runs a free minibus service.

Edit: But as @albob said, Val Gardena is nowhere near the Milky Way ski area!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Linder is my choice in Selva. Family run, quiet location but well located for the Ciamp bubble.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@gwatts10, What kind of budget? Most of the above recommends are in the 3/400 Euro per night region. Plenty of well heeled punters on SH. Razz
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mollerski, OP did specify "..without too far to get to the lifts.."

Personally, I use the Hotel Alpino Plan ; the budget end of Selva... (also not too far from a lift - the shortest one in Italy !!)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i had indeed got my milkyway and sella ronda mixed upbut thanks to all for the recommendations
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
albob wrote:
@Mollerski, OP did specify "..without too far to get to the lifts.."

Yep and that can be quite easily achieved without spending 400 Euro per night in Selva. Look, I'm not having a pop at those who can afford nice hotels. I'm far from adverse to bit of comfort and a few added bells and whistles myself. I just found it mildly curious that most of the recommendations read like a list of the most expensive hotels in Selva and there are plenty right across the price range. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I stayed in the Linder but wouldn't return. The building itself seemed to be very noisy, just someone walking down a corridor seemed to resonate loudly. Food was quite good but when we were there, there was also a very large family group from SA with lots of kids running round out of control daily in the dining area. The staff and owners made no attempt to stop this. So for me, not again.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’ve stayed at the Aaritz, it’s possibly the tightest run ship I’ve seen in a ski hotel.
Best location for the Ciampinoi, vv good food.
Not the best if you want to head up dantercepies.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I suppose the Continental might be in a good position for both Dantercepies (it's on the doorstep) and you can ski down to Ciampinoi (almost)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@halfhand, yeah, we’ve looked at that one a few times, not stayed there yet though.
Other option would be to stay on edge of town at a hotel with a shuttle bus that can take you directly to either and possibly even Col Raiser.
I’m not a huge fan of the ski busses.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dode wrote:
I’ve stayed at the Aaritz, it’s possibly the tightest run ship I’ve seen in a ski hotel.
Best location for the Ciampinoi, vv good food.
Not the best if you want to head up dantercepies.

The hotel Krone/Corona on the corner of the main road in Selva is just a very short walk from both the Ciampinoi lift and the footbridge that takes you to the short Costabella chairlift from the top of which it's a short ski down to the Dantercerpies gondola.
snow conditions
I shall trump Alastair's Hotel Corona with the Hotel Stella ; a slightly longer walk to the Ciampinoi but an even shorter walk to Crystal Bridge.

The Costabella chair it directly behind the hotel ; If you are in a room at the back of the hotel, you can check the length of the queue from your window !!
snow report
Hotel Somont in Selva is genuinely ski in-ski out, in a very quite area but only 5 minutes walk to an apres-ski bar if you want to go out. Very good hotel, great food and a nice wee pool/wellness area.
snow conditions
Valkyrie wrote:
a nice wee pool

Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
When our group stayed in Selva this year we were in Hotel Antares.. It was quite a bit cheaper than most of the others mentioned and took on non week bookings but still a four star.
Great food, pool, sauna and bar. But 5 minutes walk to Ciampinoi, so it depends how important that is? We used the lockers right next to the lift, which made the short stroll easy.
snow report
I love the Armin but its so expensive these days; as well as great food their hotel mini bus will drop you Danterceipes or Ciampanoi and you can ski back to either just opposite on other side of river or behind a few streets.

Stayed in Pralong this year- was good but food but not as good as Armin (especially for veggies) and the walk back if finishing down Danterceipes was a slog.
ski holidays
@MCL, "..and the walk back if finishing down Danterceipes was a slog..."

Stayed at the Pralong two years ago and was impressed with it..

If my Hotel is in that area, I make a point of finishing at Plan Di Gralba for the ski down to Selva (and the obligatory stop/beer at the Pra Valentini bar Smile )

Bottom of the FUNGEIA short chair

https://www.pravalentini.it/?utm_source=valgardena.it&utm_campaign=valgardena.it&utm_medium=link
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy