Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

looking for feedback....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

Now that the winter is over, thoughts turn to summer....

I am thinking of starting up a summer operation in Peisey-Vallandry to add to the Flying Squirrel Bar in the winter along the lines of :
- self-catering holidays for mountain bike clubs, "adventure groups" etc etc;
- packaged service including airport transfer and 2 evening meals at the Squirrel (the rest self-catering).
- organised mountain bike guides, rafting trips, via ferrata, parapenting, all part of the holiday price.

Is there enough demand?

The mountinain biking and parapenting around Les Arcs is awesome - on a par with places like Morzine, but not as well known, plus you've got rafting in Bourg/Aime, glacier skiing at Tignes etc etc.

Anyone think it would be a goer?

Ansers on a postcard!

cheers, F_S.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
flying_squirrel, I think it sounds a great idea. I'd like to be able to do something similar with my place but it's not really possible.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, ta! Shame most brits think summer hols need to be spent on a beach, otherwise we'd all be millionaires Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
flying_squirrel, the alpine mountainbiking jaunts market is picking up a bit. Have a look on sites like Singletrack and Bikemagic, ask on the forums or look at the adverts.

However, mountainbikers are like walkers and climbers; they don't need to have their hands held as much as skiers so a few tips on routes, help in marking up maps, a safe place to store the bikes and a few basic tools should be more than enough for the majority.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Parents and friends have done walking holidays in the alps - typically using someone like Inghams. Get the impression that the average age is quite a bit older than for ski holidays. As Marc says they're probably not looking for much in the way of extras...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thx for the feedback! Do you think a packaged approach of 1 day mountain biking, 1 day parapenting, 1 day rafting etc appeals rather than just trying to attract "hikers & bikers"? Its the sort of holiday I would be crying out for when I was younger, but.....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flying_squirrel, there is a business here in the Serre Che that does what you are thinking of doing. Its a short season of around 6 weeks and it will take a lot of organising. Customers would need a choice of 12 plus events but it could work out to be a very expensive holiday with parapenting charging 60e per jump and rafting 40e.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi flying_squirrel,

Pity we did not meet up this seaon, i have already been doing this in Paradiski area for a few years when I have time, not really as a full time job but get in touch if u want to chat about your idea. I already have many contacts.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowcrazy, thanks man! I'm back in UK now.... babysitting my 2yr old neice while her mum & dad are in hospital delivering another! How life changes in 2 weeks.....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
flying_squirrel, the mountain bikers that come here don't generally spend (or don't have) a lot of money. The peeps who do the parapenting and rafting are generally either the skiers or the ordinary mountain holidayers. That's not to say that an "adventure" holiday wouldn't go though - to a different market.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
flying_squirrel, Just put a sign out saying Bacon Butties, that'll fill the place with brits Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, Very Happy

Or maybe "Pie and chips!"
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
flying_squirrel, I just left a post on the new snowsports bit. It is such a shame that there are not more people wanting to taste what the alpes have to offer in the summer. Thing is, that whilst there are some activities that are pretty pricey there lots of other things far less so - and in organising these sorts of holidays in the summer the price of the accommodation can come right down allowing for the more expensive activities. I've looked recently on the web for people orgnaising this sort of activitiy week and it seems that there are a few about - how well they do however is another matter?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy