Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Non Boring Baselayers ?

Poster: A snowHead
all good feedback ! would any of you guys in the Pro-not plain Base layers be interested in being asked for opinions on specific designs ( I would happily offer a lifetime discount and the promise of some free goodies ) if so feel free to PM me Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We Norwegians stuff is sooo nice, but good lord the prices... want to get the myself and the missus some but think she'd kill me if I spent that much on base layers Laughing

I've gotten her some nice ones from Sweaty Betty before which she likes, some nice patterns etc., they have decent sales if you're patient.

I'm an absolute sucker for some retro chevrons, they obviously make you go faster snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
Quote:

one piece base design

Shocked Shocked Shocked Surely there can be no such thing?

There are... I have one that have poppers.. from the neck, all the way down & under up to the back of my waste.
I wear bib pants as well. I would be in a pickle if I got caught short.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Couple of scary images. My ski buddies hate them. I have the bottoms to match. Laughing

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@halfhand, amazing, love them! Very Happy

Not so amazing - thry don't do baselayers for women. Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ElzP, A couple of female skiers I know have them. Maybe unisex (no fly in the bottoms Laughing )?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@halfhand, maybe, and maybe they do extra small! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ElzP wrote:
@halfhand, amazing, love them! Very Happy

Not so amazing - thry don't do baselayers for women. Sad

Hopefully We can help fill this void Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@halfhand, Those skull ones are amazing!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Owlette, Day of the Dead inspired.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@halfhand, superb!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I probably do need to lose the beer belly though Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bob wrote:
I like kitties

Careful there Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Something out of scale could look interesting.

Thinking those graphics that supermarkets put on their windows etc, lush vegetables, carrots, spring onions et al.

Apples too Very Happy

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 14-04-23 7:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Or a crash test dummy graphic for those of a certain reputation.

It'll be funny when the medics come to pick you up after a crash too, imagine arriving at hospital dressed in that Very Happy
ski holidays
Or a Gunther von Hargens special edition, that'll put the hee-bee-gee-bees into to aprè ski shenanigans Laughing
snow report
@ski3, Laughing that would put me off my tartiflette for sure
snow conditions
hang11 wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
Just because base layers are used for skiing, doesn’t mean they have to have “ski things” printed on them! How about these https://eu.monsroyale.com/collections/womens-base-layer/products/cascade-ls-floral-camo-womens-fw22

My other half wears those. This seasons ones are even harder to look at - the same sort of print as car manufacturers stick all over new models to disguise them. I can’t even look at them without going cross eyed.

https://nz.monsroyale.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/cascade-merino-flex-ls-checkers-mens-fw23

The design might be questionable, but $160 for a shirt is laughable. I guess, that's about the cost of all my clothes going skiing... Blush
latest report
@Tristero, I think that's NZ dollars... Also, no-one pays full price wink
snow report
Tristero wrote:
hang11 wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
Just because base layers are used for skiing, doesn’t mean they have to have “ski things” printed on them! How about these https://eu.monsroyale.com/collections/womens-base-layer/products/cascade-ls-floral-camo-womens-fw22

My other half wears those. This seasons ones are even harder to look at - the same sort of print as car manufacturers stick all over new models to disguise them. I can’t even look at them without going cross eyed.

https://nz.monsroyale.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/cascade-merino-flex-ls-checkers-mens-fw23

The design might be questionable, but $160 for a shirt is laughable. I guess, that's about the cost of all my clothes going skiing... Blush

**KNEW** those thermals looked familiar - 1979 Porsche 928 Pasha interior...
snow report
Very Happy @Richard_Sideways, well spotted.

Also in that sphere of imagery https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:041111_magic_eye_1g_a.png remember these ?

You'd probably cause concern in staring at certain parts for to long though Laughing
ski holidays
Scarlet wrote:
@Tristero, I think that's NZ dollars... Also, no-one pays full price wink

Haha yeh they will be about $60nz from the factory outlet half way through the season - about 30 pounds.

Mons and icebreaker gear is real cheap to buy here.
snow report
@hang11, I'll probably be over that way in the autumn – might need the address of that outlet please Cool
ski holidays
Scarlet wrote:
@hang11, I'll probably be over that way in the autumn – might need the address of that outlet please Cool

Dressmart mall in Christchurch near the airport has mons and icebreaker outlets. There’s one in Auckland somewhere too. Also torpedo7 shops which are in most towns dump stock cheap - although probably not in Queenstown where ripping off tourists at full price is the norm.

Are you skiing in NZ
latest report
@hang11, no, not skiing, don’t really want to lug a load of kit around. Visiting family near Auckland, so could go to the outlet there. Will probably go to Queenstown, not sure about Christchurch. Any recommendations? (Can PM to reduce thread drift if you want).
ski holidays
I rather like some of the Odlo base layers..
I saw a young athlete in Tignes a few years ago.
She looked stunning in some greenish snake skin pattern ones.
snow report
@halfhand, glad to see you sensibly bought the optional stomach insulating cushion insert with your base tops. I always go for those too Cool snowHead
ski holidays
3/4 length high backs (think overalls with adjustable straps) in a variety of merino weights.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

She looked stunning in some greenish snake skin pattern ones.

She would probably have looked stunning in anything......
snow conditions
I know this is slightly off thread as they say, has any body got any experience of using the Caxton FX card for currency , the pro's and con's, been offered one on my car parking £10 off seems to good to be true.I would rather have £10 off my airport parking.
As they say if its sounds too good, beware ?
There are other cards like Clarity which have been proven useful but as with everything drawbacks.
I was wondering if any S/H had used it.
ski holidays
(Start a new thread for that, please.)

But as I'm here, I just bought a new pair of 3/4 compression tights as I needed to buy more s*it to make Amazon ship something for free... and those are very much non boring.
latest report
First off, I want to thank you all for your invaluable input and support over the last few weeks. For those of you who expressed interest in brighter and more fun base layers, I've got something exciting to share!

If you're in the "not interested in more exciting base layers" camp, feel free to skip this message – no hard feelings. Eh oh!

For the rest of you, I'd be truly grateful if you could take a moment to check out the following link and provide your feedback on a selection of AI-generated base layer patterns. Please note that these AI-generated patterns are for inspiration only, and we don't plan to design our base layers solely using AI. Your opinions will be crucial in helping us create an amazing line of colorful, playful, and functional base layers that bring joy to the slopes.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17trGqBRqC_m4lGvhutudn2TApr9wGoqTfxFtmXQJ0iE/edit?pli=1

Thank you in advance for your time and insights. Your involvement means the world to us, and we can't wait to bring our vibrant and unique base layers to life with your help
ski holidays
@CrazyGoat, might I suggest that by classifying anyone over 55 as ‘other’ you are probably offending a third of SHs. Also asking folk to comment on 12 different designs is too many all at once.
latest report
@CrazyGoat, I don't know if this is relevant to your project but, for me, the material is massively more important than the pattern. Merino - in different weights - all the way, and if that's plain black, fine by me.
snow report
thanks for the feedback ... tweaked the form a bit . with regards commenting , the expectation is to comment specifically on only the ones of interest ... not all of them Happy
snow report
I will be delving further into materials and weights of material , but for now the initial aim is the looks. The goal is to make the product match the quality and function of a good baselayer, but with a bit more fun !
snow conditions
Hi All,

I'm thrilled to share a major update with everyone who has generously offered opinions and advice.

Several months have passed, and during this time, I've dedicated myself to perfecting the product's design and sourcing top-quality materials. Currently, I'm in the process of finalizing our manufacturing partner. We've narrowed it down to the final two candidates and are actively working on creating samples. Soon, we'll choose our preferred manufacturer.

But the big news is this: We have a name! Our Winter sports (Yes Snowboarders Matter too) Baselayers brand is now officially known as Wild Caper.

Wild Caper is all about embracing the spirit of adventure, freedom, and style on the slopes. We want to craft high-performance baselayers that blend fashion with functionality, designed to perform both on and off the slopes.

To stay connected with us and get a sneak peek at our upcoming products, we've launched www.Wild-Caper.com and you can find our social media accounts linked from there. While the social media is currently sparse, that's about to change very soon.

I hope this isn't deemed spammy; if it is, then apologies. I believe it's nice to provide people with feedback on their feedback. This journey has been incredibly interesting, including overcoming a legal challenge on our original company name. It's been a great learning experience, full of all sorts of drama that I'll be documenting and sharing.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 16-10-23 18:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Thought I'd take a look, but the link doesn't work. - you accidentally slipped a comma after the .com in it.

Just a bit of advice for your website. I always ignore any site that requests my email details before I can see any of the products.
By all means ask people who order to "sign up", but not everybody who just want to see what's on offer.

Chances are you could be losing 3/4 of your potential customers from the get go.
latest report
brianatab, Totally agree about the sign up Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Good spot, and also appreciate the comment, I guess in response this is very much just a case of giving us a presence so that we have our audience before we go live to start selling. Appreciate that's not for everyone but the product is new and still in development.
unfortunately web presence , search engines and audiences don't work like a tap and not everyone wants to use social media. its an option but obviously not one everyone is keen on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy