Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A new one on me

Poster: A snowHead
Going up on the chair today I noticed a young lad skiing down on one ski. Nothing impressive about that. But he also had his other leg pointing horizontally straight out in front of him. On the toe of this boot he was balancing his other ski by the tail as it stood upright. He made it a fair way down the slope too!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dode, ah, the skillz of the yooofs
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name wrote:
@dode, ah, the skillz of the yooofs... little s4its!

FIFY wink

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 3-04-23 19:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
adithorp wrote:
under a new name wrote:
@dode, ah, the skillz of the yooofs[... little s4its!

FIFY wink

Er...doesn't look very fixed Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, I’m sure had 13yo me seen that today then he would have already been trying to copy it.
Much trickier with 190cm skis and size ten feet wearing size 13 boots that my folks thought I would grow in to.
I’m inclined to give it a bash tomorrow, just standing still, see how tricky it is.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was forced into ski school one year on a school trip in the late seventies early eighties. Very much follow me and do as I do. The instructor was part of the Italian ski ballet squad for an upcoming Olympics, and proceeded to ski all morning pirouetting skiing backwards flips and all manner of malarkey. I was particularly impressed with doing the lift one ski up, put tail down, allow to rotate 180deg (skis now parallel pointing in opposite direction) lift unmoved ski to other side whilst rotating ski 180 degree to complete the about face, all whilst travelling at about thirty miles an hour. needles to say we weren't able to 'do as I do'.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not quite in the same vein but, a couple of seasons ago I observed (from a chairlift) a chap skiing a red run….on Langlauf skis Shocked He was doing a pretty decent job of it too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dode wrote:
Going up on the chair today I noticed a young lad skiing down on one ski. Nothing impressive about that. But he also had his other leg pointing horizontally straight out in front of him. On the toe of this boot he was balancing his other ski by the tail as it stood upright. He made it a fair way down the slope too!

Classic Pistol Tail Balance.
Was he skiing forwards ( beginner version), or properly committing to it by doing the Switch Pistol Tail balance?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dode, oh! I thought you meant he had his 2nd ski off and balanced on it's tail on his boot. Shocked that would have been truly impressive Twisted Evil
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
@dode, oh! I thought you meant he had his 2nd ski off and balanced on it's tail on his boot. Shocked that would have been truly impressive Twisted Evil

Yeah I thought it was a whole new level of balancing skill and just thought "little poo-poo". Other trick sounds more feasible even if still hard.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:

Me too Laughing and I still can't work out what he was actually doing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Was he also juggling with sharpened ice skates? If not, suggest it next time…
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name, @Dave of the Marmottes, @holidayloverxx,
Only one ski was clipped in. That was the ski he was skiing on. The other was balancing on the toe of his boot (upright, tail on toe, tip in air)

You had it right the first time.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@dode, blimey!! I couldn't do that standing still!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name wrote:
@dode, blimey!! I couldn't do that standing still!

Laughing
snow conditions
Gave it a bash today. Stood still, with no ski clipped in to my other foot, just stood in my boots. After a couple of attempts I managed to last about 3secs. The binding affects the balance of the ski, so you have to set it at a bit if a cant, this would no doubt change if you were actually moving.
I’m too old to take my experiments any further.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy