Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Urgent! Easy blue runs - ski amade area for this Saturday

Poster: A snowHead
Hello, please can some kind snowhead help me redeem myself!

I’m afraid of heights, particularly when you go to the top and you can see all the way down the valley. I just tried blue s1 at sport gastien and just couldn’t do it. Same happened when I tried B14 at badgastein. Had fall last year and hurt knees so think I have lost my nerve a bit - never got past blue runs anyway but would still like to try and find something as have another week here.

I think I would like something like the bowl at the top of tignes. Was thinking zell em zee might have something but it looks a bit rainy.

Have car so can travel about a bit. Any ideas gratefully received

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe the blues around the Märchenwiesebahn on the Planai Schladming or the newish Alm 6er blue between the Planai and Hauser Kaibling. Something to look up anyway!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Much better idea, Fageralm - Forstau as long as you don't mind T-bar lifts.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks I’ll take a look at the piste map now
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You need a good instructor with a program of lessons to counter this fear, rather than allowing it to dictate your holiday.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some lessons with a private instructor. No question. It will do wonders for your confidence. And improving your technique will massively increase your options and enjoyment.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Orange200 wrote:
You need a good instructor with a program of lessons to counter this fear, rather than allowing it to dictate your holiday.

zikomo wrote:
Some lessons with a private instructor. No question. It will do wonders for your confidence. And improving your technique will massively increase your options and enjoyment.

+1, I can never understand why people don't take enough instruction to get them safely and comfortably round the whole mountain before venturing off themselves. I regularly come across people who have skied for years who are unable to manage slopes that I expect to ski comfortably (if slowly) with 80% of beginners who take a full 5 day course. If you are lacking a skill that allows you to feel comfortable (usually side slipping / letting the edges go) when it gets steeper then the best way to get better is to work with an instructor on these techniques on gentler terrain until you feel confident and competent.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all. I completely agree I’ll be going back to the snow centre and then some intense lessons at beginning of next season. I must admit I was rather surprised by my reaction- I’ve skied most of tignes blues on snowhead bash but then covid hit which rather halted my progress. The fall last year must have unnerved me more that I thought.

Touring around in a campervan so it’s not the end of the world if I can’t ski this time but I really think with a few good blues it might help me get back to where I was. So any more ideas would be great. Thanks
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sillyskis wrote:
Thanks all. I completely agree I’ll be going back to the snow centre and then some intense lessons at beginning of next season. I must admit I was rather surprised by my reaction- I’ve skied most of tignes blues on snowhead bash but then covid hit which rather halted my progress. The fall last year must have unnerved me more that I thought.

Touring around in a campervan so it’s not the end of the world if I can’t ski this time but I really think with a few good blues it might help me get back to where I was. So any more ideas would be great. Thanks

To be honest I think you should take some tuition on the mountain where there is much more variety of terrain than indoors. Get in touch with @RedandWhiteFlachau as you are in their area.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sillyskis, A knock to confidence happens to us all for time to time. The best and quickest way to move on is with a competent instructor, rather than just trying to work it out on your own which all be tiring and frustrating. Don't at all feel that you need to get "back to where you were" before it is worthwhile investing in instruction, that is a false economy. You need the help now and will for sure improve beyond your "best" level regardless of how well you feel you are skiing just now.

+1 for taking the instruction on the mountain. That is the best possible environment, you are there right now, and it is right now that you are struggling with confidence! Grasp the opportunity.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was skiing with someone just last weekend that needed nice easy blues.

There's a little ski hill at Ramsau, called Rittisberg (has a camp site too) Has a really nice mellow long blue run and a nice new chair / gondola lift for access.

At Hochwurzen blue 34 is good for progression and any of the blues just below Hochwurzen in Rohrmoos.

Also Reiteralm (also has a camp site) blue 6 is great for looping, though you need to get to it and back. Can in fact drive up to the Preunegg gondola, take that up, can then access blue 6 directly and download again at end of session.
https://www.reiteralm.at/pistenpanorama/panorama/2020/REITERALM.JPG
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sillyskis wrote:

If you are afraid of heights I don't think indoor skiing can help here. I did it recently and felt like waste of money. In your specific case it feels like no-go. I would look for some advice/help how to deal with fear because it may not be easily cured by an instructor.
In terms of nice blue ones, not sure how the weather looks like now in Kronplatz, but there was nice blue slope at the bottom of the mountain from Brunick side (Koer, slope no 14).
[url=http://youtube.com/v/xoeC46z4pi8][/url]
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Zauchensee has some nice blues which one can lap around and that don’t provide solely a direct downhill view.

As others have said, seize the opportunity and book an instructor, whilst you’re out on the mountains Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some good advice here on resorts/runs to try in the area.....

Mrs Timberwolf has also had issues in the past when entering pistes ( for different reasons ) but, the best piece of advice she was given recently was not to stop when getting off a lift ie get off a gondola, clip in and go......and.... get off a chairlift, don't stop after rolling off the lift, just keep going....this doesn't give a chance for any negativity to creep in, you need to concentrate on the first couple of turns, and, after half a dozen turns, the perspective has often changed completely anyway....
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Cacciatore, Zauchensee does look pretty good- I presume the robkopf side would be better - I’ve had a look at some of the runs on YouTube and other snowheads reviews suggest the blues are good for beginners
snow report
@Timberwolf, yes I can see that would be the right thing to do. I stop before every steep bit which I don’t think is helping at all! I shall give it a go!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy