Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

AltaBadia reasonably priced mid range hotel suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
The last few years I've been given the job of arranging an annual trip for a mixed ability group. The last 2 years we've been to Madonna di Campiglio because it's great for mixed ability, beautiful scenery, nice town and reasonably priced. Everyone loved it but it's time for a change so we're looking at Alta Badia for next year. My wife and I have visited Corvara a few times and know the area well but always stay in self catering. We're looking for a mid range hotel (3 star is fine) ideally within walking distance of a lift but prices seem much higher than MdC.

So I'm hoping the SH community has some suggestions!
1) we're happy to DIY or TO but if we do the latter need somewhere that takes direct bookings as well as my wife and I will be driving
2) last year we DIY'd and the hotel was Eur1,000 per couple HB, it cost ca £750 pp flights, hotel and private transfer so that's the kind of budget we're looking at (non-one will give me a max budget!)
3) We're not doing SC for a group, too much hassle and need a fairly firm price so looking for HB...
4) probably 6-10 people from complete newbies to decent skiers so need an easy route back at the end of the day
5) we'd prefer walking distance to some shops and bars
6) FYI, my wife and I will have Dolomiti Superski season passes so we're only looking at resorts where we can use this

The whole arrange a group thing is a bit of a poisoned chalice so all suggestions will be appreciated!
cheers,
R
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@richb67, have you seen my current thread about staying at the Usteria Posta in Badia village? It's a nice hotel with good food and reasonably priced. There's some nursery slopes there for the absolute beginners, there's a nice chair and gondola lift that takes you up to Santa Croce (well worth visiting the hospiz there), with nice tree lined runs down to the bottom, and from there it's about 15 minutes to the gondola at La Villa (Edit: more like 20 to 25 minutes) that takes you up to the start of the Gran Risa world cup course and the rest of Alta Badia. Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 28-03-23 8:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for reminding me @Alastair Pink, I'd considered this and it should be on my shortlist. I'm a little concerned that it might be a little bit pricey and/or out of the way for some of our group. I swore I'd never get the job of arranging the group trip again as you're always trying to second guess !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I always stay at the Steinrosl in San Cassiano, check it out.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
I always stay at the Steinrosl in San Cassiano, check it out.

thx, will take a look
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy