Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF piou piou

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used ESF in Val thorens (or other resort) for 3-4 year olds? I have always had this perception that they are not great but wondering if anyone has any experience, especially for an English speaking child who doesn’t know any French.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My daughter, at 4, had ski lessons in Austria. the very "baby" class was really too baby (she complained about having to ski under little Mickey Mouse things) but the instructor did speak English. They were happy to promote her the next class but we were warned that the instructor spoke no English. She was very sweet, and a good instructor, but Alex did complain that "German always sounds cross". She managed fine, though. At that age they don't seem to converse much, just follow-my-leader and get on with it. I suspect that provided she's generally OK with nursery or similar and not too clingy, your child will be fine too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Elsie80, Not used the ESF in Val T but both my kids went through ESF in Ste Foy from start to finish and it was always excellent . Let’s face it most of the instructors in the other ski schools always started off in the ESF and I think it’s always down to the individual instructors rather than the ski school equally the parents positivity and children’s behaviour is a factor , but that’s another rabbit hole .
If your child is comfortable it will be fine and yes they will speak English . Where I’m mostly in Ste Foy there is always loads of parents dropping their kids off so it can’t be that bad .

ESF in my opinion gets lots of undeserved bad press .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Rob Mackley, +1. Always very impressed by ESF.

I made the mistake of trying evo2 for my kids once. Nice instructors but very different style of teaching, kids did about half as much skiing as esf and a lot more hot chocolate drinking. Might suit some, but mine were bored to tears.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
My daughter, at 4, had ski lessons in Austria. the very "baby" class was really too baby (she complained about having to ski under little Mickey Mouse things)...

This just shows how personal these things are. My now 19 year old youngest daughter loved her first week of "lessons" with Evo2 aged 4, which involved mainly wrestling in the snow with her fellow 4 year olds, falling off drag lifts and ringing a bell at the start of a run, just before falling over. Her older sister never really truly enjoyed lessons as a youngster (*) as she wanted to ski with her parents as soon as she could do a snowplough turn.

(*) The exception to this as a small child was when in Saas Fee aged 9, when the instructor was English. For her, a native English speaking instructor trumped everything. Once at high school, she was happy with the "follow me" approach in the face of any language issues, particularly where moguls and routes through trees were involved!

Feedback from teachers suggests that an upbeat attitude from the kids goes a very long way. My pair are naturally cheerful types, and always got on well with instructors.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 27-03-23 15:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@The Flying Snowplough, my daughter was fine once she could have a go at the easy draglift and snowploughing down and falling over - but she did get VERY bored in the little garden the first day, just shuffling round essentially on the flat.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we used Prosneige (Instead of ESF) in Les Menuires and they were lovely. small classes, great english. my 4 year old loved it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy