Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

End-of-Season Adelboden/Kandersteg Touring

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of doing a short hut-to-hut trip near Interlaken and had Adelboden and Kandersteg recommended to me. It would be in late April: any thoughts? If anyone has been to any of the huts around there that would be handy info as well, thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Local knowledge is required @eightbobnote, and I would suggest that you contact mountain guide Terry Ralph's. Terry lives in Leysin and he ski tours regularly through the area you are considering.
The problem this season for late April is the extremely high snowline. The 3 obvious huts are Wildhorn directly beyond Lenk.
Wildstrubel accessed by ski tour from Wildhorn.
Lämmerenhütte to the south edge of the Wildstrubel massif.
One should note that all of this terrain is glaciated and will require solid personal experience or the help of a guide. Nearer the time of your trip I would advocate a quick call to Terry.
I was in the Lämmerenhütte 3 weeks ago, it is a delightful place to visit, great food, great hospitality.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The above is great advice. Yes, the snowline is going to be an issue but you can get high quickly from Leukerbad and, judging from the Gemmipass webcam, the snow situation looks pretty healthy. Lots of options from the Lammerenhutte.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great thanks both of you. @Rogerdodger, the approach from Kandersteg doesn't appear to be glaciated though?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You are quite correct, access from Sunnbüel (Kandersteg) is not glaciated.
Ski options are very limited until you ascend to the elevation of Lämmerenhütte.
The hut is at 2501m, ideally this should be regarded as the lower extent of the glaciers.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy