Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Paradiski - Les Arcs/La Plagne - Lunch & Snack Stops

Poster: A snowHead
Been 5 years since I last skied the area. Don't recall too many good quality/good value lunch or drinks stops around the mountains or in the many 'villages'.

If anyone has recommendations, or links to other threads if this has been done before recently, that would be very welcome snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Le Roc des Blanchets. Just above the bottom of the Rossa chair above Champagny. Good buffet service restaurant, with indoor and outdoor seating. Also, a very good and reasonably priced snack bar round the back. Lovely views across towards Courchevel.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/jkzT5zHB5qzA5uJf6
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sugarmoma666, +1 for that
Croq Neige is still in centre offering its usual fast food themed menu but also some very economically priced Plat du Jours
Le 360 (the glass box) at the top of the Montalbert Gondola offers really good views a very good buffet style service inside and out. (Sadly they haven't been able to open the ala carte full service restaurant upstairs this season due to a shortage of staff and uncertain electricity costs!)
In Montalbert the 2 Zebras, just down from the lift, offers good food at a good price and of course there is UNION if you want a Michelin classed restaurant.

@PeakyB, An old review thread is here
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=34049&
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sugarmoma666, @boredsurfin,

Thank you both.
Croque Neige..is that La Plagne Centre?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PeakyB, Yep Bertrand and Vincent have been there for nearly 30 years now Shocked

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 24-03-23 16:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Interesting, I’d wondered about high altitude and exposed restaurants. Their fuel bills must be horrendous. I’ve yet to ski in France, post Covid, so wonder if I’ll notice a massive price hike in food and drink on the mountain next week?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Prices have gone up. Pizza around 12 to 18 Tartiflette 15 to 20 etc. I think most meals are around 25/30 a head including wine/beer
A crepe at the Crepe stall inside by Allias sport is now 3.50 after being 2.50 for several years
However Croq' was charging 15 for a plat du jour sirloin steak with Chips and salad.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 24-03-23 16:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This seasons Croq Neige Menu

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PeakyB wrote:
Been 5 years since I last skied the area. Don't recall too many good quality/good value lunch or drinks stops around the mountains or in the many 'villages'.

If anyone has recommendations, or links to other threads if this has been done before recently, that would be very welcome snowHead

Yes, great question - I'd been looking at potential options but, going the first week of April, was mainly focused on nice outdoor areas as well as family friendly food. Now my minds been turned to thinking about places with nice indoor areas, as there's a strong chance we won't get the normal Easter weather! Recommendations definitely welcome
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Traditional restaurants :
La Godille in Belle Plagne.
L'annexe in Bellecôte.

Mamas kitchen in Plagne Centre, my favourite, delicious greek style fast(er) food

Best pizza in Belle Plagne : Cheyenne. If you want to eat there or have pizza for takeaway, call in avance as it can get busy.

Chalet des Verdons Sud, gorgeous inside and on the terrace, as well as delicious things on the plate.

Delicious take away crêperie Plagne Centre Le caprice des neiges
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Verdon Sud is usually good, it has a reasonably priced plat du jour, chicken curry on a Thursday, fish on Friday, steak on Saturday etc.
Another thumbs up for Croque Neige and Roc des Blanchettes.
RdB has waiter service for the same price as self service, 18 euros for plat du jour, 24 euros with dessert.They sometimes offer a free genepi if you are lucky.
Would also recommend Inversens restaurant, the crepes are superb.
All of them have indoor and outdoor seating areas.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
another vote for Chalet Verdons Sud

On the other side, Arpette used to be good but there have been changes since i was there
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all for the recommendations. Will visit a few this week and they should be useful tips for future snowHead s
visitors to the area.

The Management just clearing the front terrace of a few cms of snow for the fourth time today. Very Happy

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin wrote:
Prices have gone up. Pizza around 12 to 18 Tartiflette 15 to 20 etc. I think most meals are around 25/30 a head including wine/beer
A crepe at the Crepe stall inside by Allias sport is now 3.50 after being 2.50 for several years
However Croq' was charging 15 for a plat du jour sirloin steak with Chips and salad.

yesterday i took two "döner" for the kids. I dont know if there is something like this in France (maybe in UK als döner kebab?)
I had to pay 14 Euro = 7 euro for a half broad with meat, and some vegetables Shocked
If a döner kostet 7 euro in a small Village south from Stuttgart in Germany, 12 euro for a pizza in La Plagne seems to me as a reasonable price.

PS a couple of years before this donner price was around 4 to 5 Euro.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@PeakyB, When are you there? We're on t'other side of the Vanoise Express from Sunday.

On the resto front, is Belliou La Fumee still going? Was one of my favourites in the Alps.
snow conditions
@Val Desire, Awwroit?, been and gone and back in the Black Country Smile Didn't get up to Arc 2000 last week but that restaurant is still going strong. Hope your leg's mending well.
snow report
Pizz-Attitude at the bottom of the Transarc was very good value - pizzas €12/14 and wine around €10 a bottle. Also a decent burger snack place in the same area.

RdB on the Champigny side was definitely my favourite and the plat du hour was always excellent. Wine by the carafe also cheap but good.

Bostin'
snow conditions
Along with the usual reccomendations such as the Cairn or La Bouche I was reccomended Le Faitout just below the Chamatodger lift. I tried it last week and it was indeed good. Not cheep, however. I paid 18€ for my meal once coffee had been taken.

I have noticed that prices have risen quite a bit in Les Arcs this year, with a waiter serviced meal coming in at 18€ plus coffee. Last year it was 16.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy