Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trying to find ski resort in Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@luv2sk1, I think I would, in your position book Zermatt snowHead be aware that even the super efficient Germanic Swiss aren't necessarily super agressive about posting up next seasons booking availability and a phone call might be necessary (and they will speak English).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@under a new name,
Quote:

I think I would, in your position book Zermatt
+1. (This thread makes me want to return there myself, it's donkey's years since I've been and I couldn't ski for toffee then anyway. But it's unlikely I'll ski in Switzerland any time soon. Sad )
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jebroni3_16, I have 5 days free included in my IKON pass for Zermatt
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
scotsgirl wrote:
@jebroni3_16, oh I didn’t mean to suggest you weren’t staying in a great location!! I was really just thinking about the skier/non skier combination and what might work best for them - hope you didn’t take offence!
As you’ve clearly discovered anyway nowhere in Zermatt is that far away from anywhere else and I have to say your afternoon trip sounds amazing - we are coming out this weekend and your Post really got me looking forward to it!

Ha ha, no offence taken at all Laughing

I'm staying in the cheapest place I could find and whilst my location has been excellent for me (as a tight-back bottom solo snowboarder who's been grabbing heated meals from the Coop mere metres away to eat in my room in the evening) and might indeed work for others, I would definitely agree that the location you suggest would probably work better for luv2sk1 and his wife.

As far as this weekend is concerned, the weather is definitely turning. Sorry Sad Am about to post more in the relevant weather thread.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
luv2sk1 wrote:
@jebroni3_16, I have 5 days free included in my IKON pass for Zermatt

And presumably you don't have to book them in advance and can pick and choose your days on an ad hoc basis?

If so, you'd be in a better position than most, if you're staying for a little longer than just 6 nights, to allow for jet lag, weather, plans with your wife etc.Plus, hopefully others can clarify whether Zermatt generally gets an influx of visitors at the weekend too.

I only boarded Monday to Thursday this week, and the Italian side was noticeably busier on Monday than Tuesday or Wednesday (although still far from busy), but my hotel reception was staying open until 9.30pm last night to receive arrivals, whereas they generally close at 7.

This website might help with planning to avoid school holidays (especially the "sports" ones that generally fall in February / early March) but always worth double checking the dates with other websites.

Oh and in case it matters, snowboarders are very much in the minority here too from what I've observed. Just in case that matters and you hate that side-slipping scraping noise we sometimes make (I do too, especially when it's me!)

I only mention this, with tongue planned firmly in cheek, because of a conversation I had with a lovely British couple of skiers who I met on a cable-car on Tuesday and then bumped into (metaphorically) on the bus on Wednesday Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jebroni3_16, you're funny guy! I do tolerate snowboarders, got used to them. In our local resort close to Los Angeles, the ratio of snowboarders to skiers is probably 100 to 1. And, thank you for the school holidays calendar link, very helpful.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy